BMW Werkz banner

2000 E39 Central Lock Problem

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  bad man working 
#1 ·
I am having a problem with my central door lock system. I can lock the car with the key, but I have to rotate the key to the "emergency unlock position" to unlock it, which only opens the driver's door so I have to press the button on the center console to unlock the rest of the doors. The alarm goes off overtime I enter my car, so I have to put the key in the ignition and turn the car on to disarm it. The master key's remote feature doesn't work (I even ordered a new key and went through the initiation procedure with no luck). I changed the drivers door actuator but it made no difference. I went to the BMW dealer hoping that their computer would be able to pinpoint the problem in order to fix it, but they told me that it would only tell them how many times the alarm was triggered. They said that it is most likely an electrical problem. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or a possible solution to my problem?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.