2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  billB 
#1 ·
New toys arrived today!

TODAYS MODS:
M5 Kidney Grill Upgrade & Clear Side Markers / Bekkers

TOMORROWS MODS:
Hella LED Tail lights.

GRILL
This installation took the longest...15 minutes tops!. All that is required is a small screwdriver. For installation instructions, there are plenty of forums and sites to choose from... I used BMWTIPS.com.

CLEAR SIDES
This has to be the easiest and cheapest mod of all while making a big difference to the appearance of your vehicle. Same as above on installation instructions.

WORTHY PRAISE
I must say Anthony@Bekkers was a pleasure to deal with. Great customer service, very responsive and fast shipping! All parts marked OEM and bagged OEM. Nice work Bekkers!

UPDATE
Looks like I may be starting the tail light upgrade tonight 11:00P.M. I'll let you know how it goes...

See less See more
#4 ·
Originally posted by WindowPro+Nov 12 2004, 11:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WindowPro @ Nov 12 2004, 11:32 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-billB@Nov 12 2004, 09:23 PM
Windowpro
URGENT.... URGENT.... WANTED.....ASAP... ANGEL EYES for 2000 Silver E39!
[snapback]229708[/snapback]​
Next month!
[snapback]229794[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

BILL -- I don't make the kind of $$$$$$ you do! One mod at a time... Oh and the serious $$$$ your raking in as this forums moderator... Millions! :D

#5 ·
Originally posted by WindowPro+Nov 12 2004, 11:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WindowPro @ Nov 12 2004, 11:37 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by WindowPro@Nov 12 2004, 11:32 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-billB
@Nov 12 2004, 09:23 PM
Windowpro

Next month!
BILL -- I don't make the kind of $$$$$$ you do! One mod at a time... Oh and the serious $$$$ your raking in as this forums moderator... Millions! :D
[snapback]229798[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

MIDNIGHT UPDATE
Hella Tail light Install -- One down one to go...

Getting late and the wife's asleep, ARGH! :nope Will finish up tomorrow.
Good night.
Jim

#7 ·
Originally posted by WindowPro+Nov 13 2004, 04:37 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WindowPro @ Nov 13 2004, 04:37 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
<!--QuoteBegin-billB
Windowpro

Next month!
[/b][/quote]

Thanks Pal. SILVER E39 just decided on a big cut in my paycheck coupled with more hours moderating this forum. Between you and BeelZ? Now I'll be taking the famous ride with him without any $$$ too.

#9 ·
Originally posted by billB+Nov 13 2004, 09:58 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(billB @ Nov 13 2004, 09:58 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by WindowPro@Nov 13 2004, 04:37 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-billB
Windowpro

Next month!

Thanks Pal. SILVER E39 just decided on a big cut in my paycheck coupled with more hours moderating this forum. Between you and BeelZ? Now I'll be taking the famous ride with him without any $$$ too.
[snapback]229950[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

Good Morning! HELLA Tail Light Install Complete! 09:00 A.M.

LOL Bill - So now you have to live on half a Mil a year. That's gonna be tough!

SILVER - 25 Minutes? Yours must have been PNP. My 2000 required a retro kit...or maybe I'm just SSSLLLOOOOW.

Well, last night (midnight) I stopped after installing the drivers side tail light. Went to bed around 1:45A.M. Back up and shopping at Wal-Mart at 4:45 A.M. -- Insomniac! Got back home around 6:30A.M. finished the install, tested and cleaned up by 9:00A.M.! Looks and works great -- What a difference!

As far as installation is concerned, I am tremendously impressed with BMW's engineering. Attention to detail is unbelievable! For example -- The trunk seal /molding neatly weaves itself down (over the top of the rear plastic trim liner -- latch side) from the tail lights and then tucks itself back under -- at the rear trunk latch. If you look closely you will see a 1/8" notch on each side where it goes back under. NICE.

Everything undone went perfectly back together! I really like how the "snap-in" trim holders work too. At first I thought these pieces would probably break into as soon as I pulled on them. NOPE -- Nice, thick and durable. You can definitely tell the difference in craftsmanship from domestic vehicles.

Hella also has done a bang up job supplying everything you need. BILL / BEEZL I'm very glad I took your advice in choosing Hella! THANKS!

My only gripe was sparse text and infomation with the instructions. Fortunately, this site and others are loaded (Much Better) with DIY installation instructions and photos.

Total time spent on (3) mods = 4 hours (including cleanup)

Total Dollars / Vendor
Bekkers.com
M5 Kidney Grill = $ 79.00
Clear Markers = $ 36.00
Overnight Ship = $ 15.00
Subtotal = $ 130.00

EuroSport
Hella Tail lights = $ 319.00
Two day Ship = $ 22.00
Subtotal = $ 343.00

TOTAL = $ 473.00

Attachments

#11 ·
Originally posted by LOS@Nov 13 2004, 10:24 PM
Are you going to replace the whole lamp assembly?

Anyway, sounds like you're having fun!

LOS
[snapback]230414[/snapback]​
LOS,

?? TAIL LIGHTS? The Hella's come with a new lamp assembly. LED.

Jim

#14 ·
Silver e 39 "Yours must have been PNP" what is PNP? Mine are OEM if that is what you are implying

Windowpro is talking about the way/the speed by which you installed these parts compared to his. Now PNP is plug and play concept used, among other things, in computer/electronic parts and accessories.
When you install/add any of the above to any operating system (w2k,xp etc) these parts need some sort of a middle man between an operating system and the new accessory or part for communication purposes. That middle man is callled a DRIVER:(OS specific software) in the past we had to do manual installation (longer time/more efforts to install). This was changed by the revolutionary concept of PNP. Plug it in and the operating system AUTOMATICALLY install the driver for you if it is on its HAL. (speed/less time/less efforts). i.e. digital cameras and all USB devices.

Look Silver Jim himself must been PNP member on this forum because we got used of him so fast and we love him. Look at his name isn't that enough to fool anyone about his association with Bill Gates. and Jim who make the 1/2 a mil now?

Sorry but I thought we talking bimmers!!

regards
billb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.