BMW Werkz banner

1997 528i BMW

708 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Savannah Lenn 
#1 ·
I have a 528i model that I sold to some friends and the car worked and functioned almost flawlessly, except the back two window regulators were messed up. We bought the car back and there are multiple problems.. I just can't seem to find the reason why and how. I feel they are all connected together somehow. Me and my dad fixed the intake blade and the back two window regulators today. We checked the motors and they both work but neither the switches in the back or front will roll them up or down. Now mind me the front two windows work perfectly. Also the door locking mechanism from inside of the car does not work nor with the key in the door and also the key buttons. The car will not lock at all unless you are sitting inside and push the little tab things down. No overhead interior lights work except for the mirror lights when you slide the plastic covers over. The orange dot lights come on by the map lights but no light when button is pressed. All dash lights work. Ran the hidden menu test to check all dash lights. Also the windshield wipers will not move. I've checked the wiper motor and everything is perfect. Tonight I pulled every single fuse in that car to check it and they are all perfect as well as the relays. While I was checking the fuses I had the car running, the flashers on, the highbeam and fog lights on, and the dash and climate control lights on. Every single fuse I pulled never turned off the flashers. I know this is a lot but I'm trying to get my car back to the way if was... Also if it isn't too too much... I've bought a second radio that I've already installed and it is a factory 528i BMW radio, but I still does not work like the first one. The radio has never worked even before I originally sold it... Thank you guys for the help. I am just so stumped... If anyone would like to get in touch with me, here's my email. savannahlenn2015@outlook.com

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.