BMW Werkz banner

1994 Bmw 530i 184,000 Miles VALVE COVER PASSENGER SIDE "NEED HELP"

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  jimoreno 
#1 ·
Hello Joe here from Orlando,

I am doing a tuneup and valve cover gasket replacement. I replaced the Driver side valve cover and gasket (took me all day) now I am having problems getting the passenger side valve cover in place. Every time I get in place the gasket comes off. The air conditioner lines are keeping me from getting the valve cover and gasket in place on the passenger side. Could someone please help I been working on this car all day, I am trying to finish before tomorrow.

#2 ·
Hi, I plan on doing mine also, try a search on google for m60 valve cover replacement and you may find some do it yourself information from other forums. If you do find anything please let me know and I will also search some other forums and if i find anything helpful will provide you with the info.

#4 ·
1994 530i BMW 184000 miles

I finally found what it takes to put both covers in almost a snap. You need to remove the wiring harness on both sides, if you can't remove the wiring harness, get someone that knows how to remove the wiring harnesses. After the wiring harness is remove, you may replace the valve covers within minutes without gasket slipping off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.