BMW Werkz banner

Is Hella the only brand "Angel Eyes"??

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  BeelZibub 
#1 ·
I have a '99 540i and I was considering an "Angel Eye" swap. Is Hella the only way to go?

#4 ·
Actually, you can get ZKW angel eyes too. They were/are also OEM and (based on what I've read on other forums) very well made.

#5 ·
The only reason I said to stay with Hella is because I know 1 and have heard of at least 3 other people that have bought non hella angel eyes from off the net (ebay mostly) and have received a set of standard e39 headlights which have been modified by a DIYer using an LED and heat bent perspex rod to create some really ugly looking halo's - I have also heard of cheap Korean ones too, which have a habit of buggering up the cars electrics. I guess if you know what you're buying and are happy with the quality there's no reason not to buy non Hella's, but my first question before I bid on a set at ebay is "Are they Hella's?" Because if they are, I know they're cosha and are guaranteed to work (Have always been outbid so far unfortunately). I guess I should have elaborated a little bit more eh? Just I don't like to see people spend their hard earned cash on what turns out to be a load of cheap rubbish.

Just read your mail again, you've gone for the Xenons too! Bet they cost a bomb.

If you do change them let us know what you went for - good luck. :D

Frank - I've never heard of ZKW, are they cheaper than Hella? - I'll have to see if we have them in the UK.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.