BMW Werkz banner

racing a 84 528e

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Kyytsis 
#1 ·
I know, I know. Why would i want to even want to waist money on such a challenge. Most say it isnt even worth the time but then i would be a starting enthusiast now would I? Ever since i child i have always wanted a bimmer and now i got one and well i am going to make it the best. Its starting out good so far gettin newer parts and has a beautiful paint job......so have any suggestion to make this car into a high performance machine? Thankyou

#4 ·
Originally posted by Torque@Jul 26 2004, 10:15 PM
"Not much performance wise you can do... it's not even a fuel injected engine."

Well, that's just ignorant. OF COURSE it's fuel injected! Every 528e ever built was fuel injected.
"Not much performance wise you can do... it's not even a fuel injected engine."

Well, that's just ignorant. OF COURSE it's fuel injected! Every 528e ever built was fuel injected.

#6 ·
Originally posted by Torque@Jul 26 2004, 10:15 PM
Not much performance wise you can do... it's not even a fuel injected engine. Best thing you can do is buy a later model (around 92-95) 2.5L engine and swap it in.
actually there is a good amount of stuff for your car just need to look around heres one place to start will have or can get just about all you will need for your car.E28 performance parts

#12 ·
528e isn't that bad..

I have e34 525i m20b25 and I just bought eta crankshaft and high compression pistons (11:1). It's a bolt on job to the b25 block -> decent 2.7 liter engine IMO.

THe stock compression of 8,8 is not really good for performance, but the 11 is ok :) Have to change camshaft too, but I'm looking 240Nm of torq and 200hp... :rolleyes:

For the e28 you could think of upgrading to normal (not eta) head, change camshaft and ECU. Should be an upgrade?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.