BMW Werkz banner

12volt cigarette lighter (E60)

20K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  CodyTrimp 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,im new to all this so be gentle and patient with me.ive recently purchased a 55plate bmw e60 520d touring its just what i wanted and a whole lot more,one small problem though both 12 volt adaptors 1 in dash and 1 in boot dont work so i naturaly changed the broken fuse,but still no joy,anyone out there know what this problem might be

#5 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum,the fuse you are looking for is located in the boot,and it is fuse nr87 20 amp, by playing about and fiddeling i found that the 12volt socketts only work when the engine is running,another eccellent idea from bmw to save on your battery power,let us know hown you get on.
Karl.

#6 ·
Thank you, yes, BMW lighter doesn't work when my car is not on, the genius of BMW, thank you for that number of fuse, that is what I needed.
After the fact I did find the fuse diagram and map. Of ALL places on my e60 it was in plane sight in the trunk toolbox above the first aid kit. Just right there and with extra fuses and a fuse puller. In the last place I look! If anyone else needs a copy I can scan and post or email. Amazing I could not find this online anywhere!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.