BMW Werkz banner

92 E36 Will Not Run!

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  saltshaker185 
#1 ·
Here goes, I have been working on this same problem for months. I have a 92 e36 that sometimes starts and sometimes does not.

When it does start, it runs excellent! until it warms up at least, then it shuts down instantly. I have done the DIY Idle Control Unit cleaning—no change.
I replaced ALL coil packs(this was the original problem), Checked the fuel pump/filter, replaced the battery, and pulled out most of my own hair!

has anyone out there had a similar problem?(not the hair part, but the bimmer problem.)

Thanks

#2 ·
sicnick325i said:
Here goes, I have been working on this same problem for months. I have a 92 e36 that sometimes starts and sometimes does not.

When it does start, it runs excellent! until it warms up at least, then it shuts down instantly. I have done the DIY Idle Control Unit cleaning—no change.
I replaced ALL coil packs(this was the original problem), Checked the fuel pump/filter, replaced the battery, and pulled out most of my own hair!

has anyone out there had a similar problem?(not the hair part, but the bimmer problem.)

Thanks
these are just random ideas, but, check O2 sensor, MAF maybe Starmavin can shed some light on this.

#6 ·
im no expert but if he says that it runs fine until it warms up, im thinking what happens when its warm that doesnt happen when its cold? and then im thinking someone with more knowledge of the cold vs. hot situation could nail this pretty simply... (just trying to get the mind set for this right)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.