BMW Werkz banner

330xi winter wheel and tire size

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  MrM3 
#1 ·
Hey all!

Just wondering what would be a good winter setup for a 330xi. Do I go down a size to 16's? Also, are the wheels on the awd cars- awd specific?

Thanks and cheers. :cheers

#2 ·
Welcome!

16's would be a good choice for cost reasons, but my dad has a 330ci with 17's and there is very little room inside the wheel from the bottom of the strut to the rim. i'm not sure 16's would even fit, due to the big brakes, in fact i would bet that they dont. i would look for some cheap 17's, and no i dont think tires are made awd specific

#3 ·
welcome aboard ///MONSTER!!! :welcome B)

16's are good choices for winter tires as the tires usually have a taller tire wall than the performance tires.

but, as MrM3 has mentioned about the brakes, before you invest in any size wheels, check your brakes and clearance.

#4 ·
Hey guys thanks for the replies.
I think i will be going for some 17's. My brother can get rubber for wholesale so the cost won't matter that much.
And for the awd specific question....I was asking about the rims, because I know some 4x4 suv wheels won't work with 2x4 version wheels.

Came across these while surfing ebay..........

$549 US "buy it now price" 4 brand new replica rims. Fair price or no?

#5 ·
Originally posted by ///MONSTER@Oct 13 2003, 08:19 PM

And for the awd specific question....I was asking about the rims, because I know some 4x4 suv wheels won't work with 2x4 version wheels.
oh, well i think that just has to do with different offsets. if your brother is in the wheel/tire business or has connections then it should be easy to find out if the the AWD offsets are different from the RWD offsets on the 330's, or theres a good chance someone on this site will know.

i know on the E30 3-series the AWD offsets were around 15mm higher to where RWD wheels would come close to sticking out too far and rubbing the fenders. you should be able to check your current offset just by looking for a marking on the wheel, look for a number with the letters 'et' before it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.