BMW Werkz banner

knocking sound ???????

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  325IConvertible 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 325I and today noticed a Tapping noise on the passenger side of the engine. At first I thought it was an exhaust leak but it also seems like its towards the front on top of the Valve cover.
Exhaust leak , Valve job or maybe Smog pump I even had a bmw friend say it could be the Vanos I have no clue as of right now..... hmmmmmmm i dunno .......have any of yall done this before meaning any of of these and are they hard to $$$$$$$$$$ to accomplish? I'm just hoping its not a Valve.

#3 ·
hmmmmm interesting I will have to check that out ! I was going to change the valve cover gasket today when I got home because its leaking and I have had problems with loss of oil but when I got home it was RAINING like a mother...... which for TEXAS Rain right now is like winning the lottery lol Thanks for the info I will check into that !

#4 ·
Well I checked and its not because its not getting oil. below the factory valve cover is where it sounds where it is coming from but it may be down towards the manifold..... its just a mediums tap tap tap tap taping sound ! so who knows ! Also my alternator went out this morning I spent $173 and its charging but its making a soft whinning noise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrr no telling what that is and weather or not I should take it off and redo it again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.