12K views 74 replies 30 participants last post by  RoadsterMadness 
#1 ·
What is the fastest someone has gone in their 3 series, any model including
M3?

#8 ·
162 mph indicated.

#14 ·
saltshaker185 said:
i thought m3's were gear limited to 155?? how are you and eric able to get close to 170? i havent tried that before but just wondering... also eric has a different diff. in his car thats not stock. not sure how you obtained such high numbers also thuogh...
M3's are limited to 155 mph...electronically. I've got Dinan stage 2 software that gets rid of that limiter. I assume Eric has something similar.

#18 · (Edited)
superdeadman said:
eric got turbo - you can def. go past 155 with the ratios

i know a buddy of mine on 02 M3 stock went 175mph
im not talking in terms of power,,, im talking about gear ratios... at redline with stock gear ratios in a e36 m3 you can only go 155... eric has a rear diff thats not stock so i can almost assume his could be ligit, but im not calling m3ound a liar... just dont know why it would show him 162 if he has stock ratios... someone help me out here...

edit- i just checked and with erics ratio it would only allow him to hit 159 at redline... hmph...

#20 ·
Salt, a Porsche is not a BMW. Each gear can be different thn those numbers but can have the same final drive ratio. And on top of that, i've got a higher redline. I'm sure M3UOND has a higher redline with his software aswell.

And on top of that, i've got a 95 M3. That means 3.15, not 3.23. And my rear differential is stock. 3.15 is stock in 95s. 3.23 is stock in 96+. I dont remember what's in the automatics.

#21 · (Edited)
Eric, this isnt just a porshe gear program... it was made for a porshe racing team to easily figure out ratios and all and it works for any car and any ratios and the result will be the same as all it does it plugs the numbers in formulas.

The higher redline would not make that much of a difference, for instance it only makes 163 mph at 7k rpm with your ratios... i took into respect that you have a 3.15 lsd (looked in your profile) and only found the difference to be like 3 more mph... still doesnt come out for the numbers you all are getting... this is wierd, if you want i can send you the program for you to mess around with... i do everyonce in a while just for the hell of it...

#22 ·
hey salt, ur program says he can only hit 159 at redline, eric said hes done 164 indicated mph, the speedos on these cars are a little fast, maybe he didnt actualy hit 164, but thats what the dash is saying...

#25 · (Edited)
saltshaker185 said:
View attachment 24548

even with the chip and stuff the gear ratios only allow it to go 155... whats the dealio yo?? how did you all score higher?
My tachometer needle hits redline at about 7300, not 6800. Presumably that would make a bit of difference?

Edit: yeah, I'd like that little widget program you've got. nhannan1 at yahoo dot com.

#26 ·
I sent that M3UOND.

The one i have been getting these answers from were with stock M contours, which would be what the speedo is set at and the computer. You may have Physically been going that fast, but the computer wouldnt/ shouldnt read that fast... is there a varible were leaving out??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.