BMW Werkz banner

Brand New M7

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  ///M Power 
#1 ·
is there an m7 in the works, because BMW needs competition with the audi s8 and s class AMG

#5 ·
Alex MPower said:
We have BMW 760 Alpina! It could handle the Audi and AMG

I doubt very highly that it could take an S65 AMG, and an S55 AMG is probably out of its reach too.

#6 ·
Maybe they can find middle ground, like an M-Sport version, sort of like when they made the M535. BMW could make an M750si using the same engine as the M6 and M5. Just some thoughts. This wouls still anger the purists, but b'iness is b'iness. I think they will have to evaluate if there really is a large enough market at that end of the product line to go through all the trouble. I just can't imagine there being enough people out there who can afford such cars. That means, it wouldn't really promise much profit. The real money is in the high volume stuff.

Mods: please move this -- perhaps to the Bimmertalk/Motorsports seciotn, or maybe even News

#7 ·
M3UOND said:
I doubt very highly that it could take an S65 AMG, and an S55 AMG is probably out of its reach too.
Actually the 65 AMG is underpowered for what it is. A well tuned N/A M5 could show it what's up no problem.

That being said, I'd take an S65 AMG over any 7 series currently produced.

#10 ·
BMW, unlike other brands, has yet to sell out their high performance M brand that is so well backed by their race heritage. AMG has become a joke with every model just getting the same shoehorned engine, basic body kit, wheels etc...Don't get me wrong, they are great cars, but the AMG line has just lost its exclusivity by going across the entire model line.

#11 ·
BMWERKEN said:
BMW, unlike other brands, has yet to sell out their high performance M brand that is so well backed by their race heritage. AMG has become a joke with every model just getting the same shoehorned engine, basic body kit, wheels etc...Don't get me wrong, they are great cars, but the AMG line has just lost its exclusivity by going across the entire model line.
In my opinion, BMW sold out last decade, when they started making M3 convertibles and M3 automatics. Now they are coming out with an M6 convertible. The infection is not as bad as AMG's, but the M division is not as pure as many would like to believe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.