BMW Werkz banner

Winscreen jets leaking badly!

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  KILOCHARLIE 
#1 ·
Hello,
I took the cover off the inside of the bonnet the other day as there was two wet patches where the washer jets are.
Once off, I had a look at the washer pipes. Now, where the pipes join each washer jet, there is a white valve type object that the pipe joins onto, then this connects to the jet itself.
I think they are faulty, because with these exposed, i tested the washer jets, and water did come out of the jets, but also poured out of the white valves.
I had a closer look, and there is a small hole on the side of the valves, where this water pours out of.
It this meant to happen??

Thanyou in advance..
Tom

#3 ·
thanks for the reply,
Yes i toook the cover under the hood, but it's not the feeder pipes that are leaking, it the small white valve type object that the pipe feeds into, then this feeds onto the jets.
There is a small hole in the side of each of these, and this is where the water pours out of.
I think this may be have something to do with if the nozzles get blocked, the system doesn't get presserised.?

#7 ·
you can always take an air hose if you have access to one.. what you do is one person uses the washer jets constantly, and the other shoots the air in the nozzle holes, its a bit messy becuase of the washer fluid flying all over, but this is what mechanics do to clear blockages in the nozzles. its hard to explain but basically when your done the nozzles will shoot the fluid correctly, and hopefully that will clear the blockages.. i dunno if it will help but it might help you deduce your trouble

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.