BMW Werkz banner

Anti-theft security alarm

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  chicagos_man 
#1 · (Edited)
I am problems with my factory anit-theft security alarm on my car, my unlock and lock on my keys stoped working. Everytime a door is open in my 1997 bmw the alarm is activated, however, the car can be started, thus, i would be driving the car with the siren going on. In order to stop this I took out a fuse located in the trunk it helped a little in turning of the siren. However, I am still having problem with flasing lights everytime the door is opened these light would be turned off after 2mins. Anybody know whats going on here?????? heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllp

#2 ·
chicagos_man said:
I am problems with my anit-theft security alarm on my car, my unlock and lock on my keys stoped working. Everytime a door is open in my 1997 bmw the alarm is activated, however, the car can be started, thus, i would be driving the car with the siren going on. In order to stop this I took out a fuse located in the trunk it helped a little in turning of the siren. However, I am still having problem with flasing lights everytime the door is opened these light would be turned off after 2mins. Anybody know whats going on here?????? heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllp
if its a aftermarket alarm, there should be a kill switch

and this needs to be moved to teh audio/electronics section

#5 ·
yeah thats what i need to know first, whether its factory installed or aftermarket? sounds like aftermarket to me, because (if working properly) the factory alarms arm/disarm with the manual locking/unlocking with the key in the drivers door.

#6 ·
No it is not an aftermarket, the problem is the keys to the drivers door of my 1997 bmw got messed up when a tech was replacing my interior speakers and i never got that fixed. However, I open the door throught the drunk. And be aware that my unlock and lock button on my keys are not working either

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.