BMW Werkz banner

Please Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Starmavin 
#1 ·
Ok fellers... I was driving along, minding my own business, on a bumpy dirt road, and all of a sudden, I was in neutral. So when I came to a stop, all my forward gears became neutralized. I can only go backwards. It is full of fluid and there's no leak. The stranger part is that when the back wheels are off the ground, the forward gears work, and shift fine. Underneath the car, the shift lever moves fine through all the gears. I'm kinda stumped, so any help would be greatly appreciated :(

86 325es, Automatic.

#2 · (Edited)
Uh oh, worse case seneiro is you blew out the one way clutch or sprag (called other things) in the transmission. Pull your pan and look for metal flakes and dust if there is start lookin for a trans. A few netural drops and/or pumping over 300hp in the stock trans are normaly what causes this.

I have rebuilt the 3 and 4 HP 22 EH trans and they are a bear to do (demanding job) and if you blew out the sprag you'll be better off with another trans.

#7 ·
trans isn't hard to do, you don't even need to remove the clutch assembly. I'd say it's a good 5 hour job. Bentley manual ftw. BTW, pm me your phone number so I can meet up with you tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.