BMW Werkz banner

Newbie w/ a non-start 325iC

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jazfe 
#1 ·
Hi all,

i just bought a '95 325iC, has 90K miles, the owner was a mid-40 lady, who stated that she had her fun w/ the car, & wants to pass it on.
she stated that the car was not run for 6 months, and now, it won't start, in addition, the convertible top rear window was missing, and won't work. Asking price, $ 4500.
She figured, new engine, new top would compensate for the low price.

i figured, dead battery, flooded DME, dead fuel pump, easy fix, DEAL.:D

now i find flooded rear passenger foot well, spent the last 2 days drying it out. DME's compartment's dry, battery is new, gonna tacke the fuel pump this wknd. Question is ? is there a fuel pump reset switch ? i read somewhere that it runs under the carpet, from the battery to the engine, but where ???
Carfax request WBABJ6320SJD43426.
car was Ca license, so i don't think it's Katrina related. But could the car went to visit N.O., then get flooded ?
also, if fuel pump works, where do i go next ? i read that crank sensor will also affect the engine starting too, is that correct ?

any advice is highly appreciated. please take it easy on a Newbie. Although I've been reading the Forum for a while,

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi.. sounds fun.

get your younger brother to hold one of the ignition leads in his mouth and if he blinks every once in a while whilst CRANKING i say you might have a brite spark .:eek:

pull the plugs check condition

sparks up!!!!

compression if your worried,

service lights any???

service history???

what did she do???

gee< there goes Sir Fine ,, 'yeah I'll buy it' "does it start?" ' its in good nick!'

you'll have some fun i bet getting her running, you'll know her inside and out and inside and out and then inside and out and under and over and over again :lol:

good luck with the crank ankle i am sure thats the controllers reference for ignition timing maybe wrong .

$=^ ^=$

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.