BMW Werkz banner

e36 upgrade speakers

10K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  qwfx 
#1 ·
Hello i have a 322i 93, i just paid 400 changing rear and front speakers, and the sound is the same, I am very upset and sad. the front speakers merly have sound and i dont know what can it be, it has original radio and amp, anyone has the same problem.
before i changed speakers i had the same problem

#3 ·
Unfortunately no, there is no aftermarket radio will "talk" to the factory cd changer. Since you are upgrading radios anyway, get one that supports MP3's and, on one MP3 disc, you can have more songs than the factory 6 disc will hold anyways. Yeah the factory radio is the culprit. You couldve spent 1000 on the speakers, only to have the stock radio with its 10 watts of 1993 technology. You'll like the sound of your speakers with more/better power from an aftermarket headunit.

#6 ·
i think they are 3.5 i would recomemend audiobahns, get audiobahn's comonponent setup for the front and back then u could have a 12 speaker setup if the 3.5s come with tweeters. To get the best audio performace u will need to get seperate amps and a crossover but I dont know how uch u are willing to spend

#7 ·
I have always liked my Infinitys. Good sound, relatively inexpensive. Go and listen to a BUNCH of different brands, using the same song and preferably with the Alpine you are wanting to fire them. That way you can really get an idea what you are spending you money on sounds like.

#8 ·
i have alpine cd player, not sure on the exact model, but i absolutly love it... i also have mb quart speakers in my car...

word of advice, if your looking for a better base output on speakers, then your searching in the wrong section...

aftermarket speakers are mad for Highs.. if u want the lows, then u have to get a sub...

#9 ·
thxt guys for all the help. I spent 100 extra and bought midranges at bavarian, the sound improved dramatically, in the coming weeks i will replace HU, going alpine 9856, btw, the midranges size are 2 1/2 and only bavarian has them , I tried 4" and 3" from pionner, and they dont fit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.