BMW Werkz banner

on the hunt for seats again

2K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  Furious 
#1 ·
ok, well i was in the process of buying a set of mint condition corbeau CR1s , ,but the fucker sold them under my nose after saying i had dibs on them......anyways im back to square 1 and im looking to get some new seats..

does anyone have hookups on racing seats? corbeau? a more affordable pair of recaros or sparcos?

should i buy a set of vaders a friend is selling?

i like being a bit different thus the reason im not all over the vaders plus id love to save a few lbs if i can... however money is tight this time of year , as it is im sure for most, so i really cant afford a arm and a leg...

anyone?

#3 ·
Bunch of Corbeau, Sparco, Recaro on Ebay. How much are you looking to spend?

#5 ·
I'm also in the market for new seats.. I'm going for the OEM look and I've seen leather seat covers on ebay that look really nice in their pics (almost as if there were no covers on the seats at all). Has anyone has experience with these (brand name is iggy i beleive)? I'll also consider actual leather seats to buy, but they'd need to be black and in pretty good condition if anyone knows where to get ahold of some of those too. Thanks!

BTW.. here's my current interior. It looks like the inside of a sh|tty nightclub

#6 ·
Dactyl said:
BTW.. here's my current interior. It looks like the inside of a sh|tty nightclub
don't feel bad Dacty, just tint your windows dark enough so no one can see in! lol, looks like your seats are actually pretty nice, if you disregard the fabric on them. but replacing them with actual seats is more permanent than the covers are, and i'm not sure but seems to me that the covers would allow you to slide around just a bit, ???

you could leave your seats the way they are and setup a bar in the back! that'd definitly get the ladies!

EDIT: and btw, welcome to the boards!

#7 ·
Dactyl said:
I'm also in the market for new seats.. I'm going for the OEM look and I've seen leather seat covers on ebay that look really nice in their pics (almost as if there were no covers on the seats at all). Has anyone has experience with these (brand name is iggy i beleive)? I'll also consider actual leather seats to buy, but they'd need to be black and in pretty good condition if anyone knows where to get ahold of some of those too. Thanks!

What the heck? Is your car a 1994 rare M-Technic?

Dont change the seats!

#8 ·
///M, not sure. The dude I bought it from wasnt the actual owner, and was trying to sell it for his sister in law who's husband passed away (it was his car). In fact I'm not too sure what excatly an M-technic is. I'm assuming it was just a package option on that model/year and not a true M. Either way I want something different to look at, so maybe if these seats are rare/worth something I can sell them for enough to get some leather.

PS. Not trying to steal the original post with this tangent

#10 ·
Dactyl said:
///M, not sure. The dude I bought it from wasnt the actual owner, and was trying to sell it for his sister in law who's husband passed away (it was his car). In fact I'm not too sure what excatly an M-technic is. I'm assuming it was just a package option on that model/year and not a true M. Either way I want something different to look at, so maybe if these seats are rare/worth something I can sell them for enough to get some leather.

PS. Not trying to steal the original post with this tangent
i'm not sure how rare they are (admitting i've seen them before a couple of times), but you could post them in the classifieds forum and sell them that way! maybe ///M will buy them!

what color seats/leather are you looking to get?

Also Furious, about your seats, looking to co lite or comfort? i'd say go vaders for comfort.

#14 ·
Nice Mark.

Dactyl, is your car a 1994? Everything on your car is from the factory. You're the 2nd M-Technic owner on this forum> Gomerino has one also but his was painted aftermakret color. An M-Technic is a rare 1994 BMW 325iS. Only 150 were produced, all in your Alpine WhiteIII color. Ive seen only 2 in real life. One a friend of a friend used to drive on to school, and another was an old asian lady who actually kenw her car was a rare car. Does your car say M-Technic on the side modling on the driver and passenger door? If so youve got quite a rare car there. It seems most of all the M-Technic owners dont even know what they are.

Anyways a 94 M-Technic is BMW's test version of the US Spec M3 before releasing the true M3 in 1995 in the US. The car has all the M parts excetp the engine/seats and whateve relse you see. The body kit is fatcory M3 and has the luxury package slats in the front bumper and the suspension is 100% M3 setup aswell.

#15 ·
///M Power said:
Nice Mark.

Dactyl, is your car a 1994? Everything on your car is from the factory. You're the 2nd M-Technic owner on this forum> Gomerino has one also but his was painted aftermakret color. An M-Technic is a rare 1994 BMW 325iS. Only 150 were produced, all in your Alpine WhiteIII color. Ive seen only 2 in real life. One a friend of a friend used to drive on to school, and another was an old asian lady who actually kenw her car was a rare car. Does your car say M-Technic on the side modling on the driver and passenger door? If so youve got quite a rare car there. It seems most of all the M-Technic owners dont even know what they are.

Anyways a 94 M-Technic is BMW's test version of the US Spec M3 before releasing the true M3 in 1995 in the US. The car has all the M parts excetp the engine/seats and whateve relse you see. The body kit is fatcory M3 and has the luxury package slats in the front bumper and the suspension is 100% M3 setup aswell.
wow Dactyl, take care of that babie so you can make a profit off of it later. i'm sure thats worth alot being so rare or aleast if not yet it most definitly will be! congratz!

#22 ·
LMAO so basically you own 1 of 150 rare 1994 M-Technic's in the United States. Dont let it go, it's worth mroe than you paid mroe than likely!

Congrats!

Mark those seats look god damn perfect. Sweet.

edit: and 2 of those M-Technic's are members of these boards. sweet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.