BMW Werkz banner

1998 M3 questions

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  JEllis 
#1 ·
Hi Im building a 1998 M3 motor the 3.0l version and would like to know what rpm it redlines at, as I have searched the internet and been unable to find that, aswell as top speed anyone has reached in it.

Thanx alot.

#2 ·
? That should be easy to find on the internet. Although I'm confused, because if you're talking about the US-spec, isn't it a 3.2L by 1998? Even the Euro version increased in volume I think, but I'm not sure when...

#8 ·
South Africa is Euro, I believe, but only a limited number of each type ever made it there. Right hand drive, IIRC...

Delimited you should be able to go over 160, depending on which engine hang at mid 160 to low 170's... MAYBE... You know... I don't know what the top speed is, really, in an e36 m3... but I've heard 162 is possible.

#9 ·
1998 eurospec M3 has a 3.2 liter engine producing 321 bhp. It was the first road car to produce more than 100 hp per liter of displacement. They upgraded to a 3.2 from a 3.0 after 1995 (I think) and called it the "M3 Evo."

#11 ·
I have personally been just over 140 in mine before I started scaring myself... 3.2 us spec...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.