BMW Werkz banner

One Angely Eye is dim

3K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  97alpineM3 
#1 ·
I've had this problem for a while now and before I thoguht it was just because it was cold out because it would light up after a few minutes, but now it's getting worse and it rarely lights up all the way even when it's warm outside. Sometimes, after a little while it lights up like the rest, but most of the time it looks like it's lit, but you can barely see it. Anyone else have this problem? Do you think there's a connection problem or do I just have a bad halo? Thanks for the help!

#2 ·
This one courtesy a old member (Rooz) who moved on to a different forum. That forum keeps claiming that both forums are established for the good of the BMW commmunity so I hope thye dont mind me borrowign this.

Rooz said:
In the winter times when the temperature hits in the 30's sometimes your DDE will take a good while to get to the good temperature to get on. A fix for that is to hard wire the ballast in...

The ballast is located between the high beams and the low beams, it's a small black box...

GENTLY take it out

Then find the two connectors...

Cut the cables ONE AT A TIME!!!! then hard wire them, and you'r done :D

#6 ·
well...i was gonna go try it, but it worked each time i started my car up tonight to go to dinner and back...lol so im gonna wait for the next time it stops working to try that fix...which will most likely be tomorrow morning so i'm pretty sure it's not because of a defective ring

#8 ·
Sounds like a defective ring.

My ballast just went in one headlight, need a new a ballast :(.

97alpineM3 said:
Well... I know 4 people that have the front left drives side ring fadded when cold... or after about two months of use... its BS either way...

Les
Les, are you going to cry? Do you want a tissue?

#11 ·
Try swapping the ballasts, as pictured above, from one side to the other and see if that resolves the issue. If so you need a new ballast and you need to contact your retailer for a replacement.

#14 ·
97alpineM3 said:
Yes I am damnit... you send 700 bucks on something.. you want that crap to work more than 3 months with no problems.

Doesnt matter now any ways... you will start seeing Ford F-150s with angel eyes if Umnitza has anything to do with it.

Les
And we'll put them on your tricycle if you mom let's us;) J/K :D

Seriously, when a customer waves $1000 in your face and says make my Dodge Charger look like "that" pointing to this, we don't ask questions or make judgements:

So, you get this:

We are working on a fix for this, but hard wiring is definitely a very good solution.

#15 ·
You might want to stick up for your self on BF.C...

I completely understand your economic stance here...

But... I'd never do it...

Call me one of the few... call me a fanatic about what I love...

IMO.. that is like putting a ///M3 badge on a 318i... or a ///M badge on a non BMW...

I'm only being honest with you... constructive critisism. Though in my eyes there is only one way to fix or construct another means of resolution to what I dont agree with... and thats not to make them.

If you step back and look at what you have... you have a lot of upset BMW owners... on other forums...

People care...

Now I'd also understand it if you made them for this guy... for 1k bucks... thats cool... but your making them in mass quantities for other buyers... that dont pay you 1k a pop.

My thoughts... hope you understand and take them to heart.

Les

#21 ·
97alpineM3 said:
So people with the current problem will have to buy something to fix something that came with a cold weather problem or no?

Thanks,

Les
i think you have to buy the chromium DDE's, and to upgrade it to the cold weather package it would be free....or im sure you could just buy the cold weather package on its own if you already own angel eyes

#22 ·
So.... chromium.... hmmmm.... how many E36s have chromiums... ? who knows... that is rather new... as the 6 people I know that have DDE problems... all have older versions... dating to be a year or so old...

I have Thinlines... which I dont know if either Jlevi or Umnitza sell any more... I would say I could look at a picture on your site... to see if mine were chromiums or not... or what ever... but under the e36 section... all you have is pictures of e46s... who knows... maybe I'm blind or stupid.

Les

#23 ·
Wow, 1000 dollars for some Angel Eyes? I got mine for 40.00.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.