BMW Werkz banner

Insanity At The Gas Pumps...

1K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  drz 
#1 ·
No complaints living in Canada, but if we have to pay $1.20 per litre then pay to use the Highway too (Highway 407)...what is this world coming too?
Its getting too expensive to go to work!

Do the math 1 litre equals 3.8 gallons...thats $4.56 a gallon for regular.
I only put super so try $5.20 a gallon for super.
:uggh

#2 ·
Originally posted by 2001BMW330iRob@Aug 31 2005, 09:13 AM
No complaints living in Canada, but if we have to pay $1.20 per litre then pay to use the Highway too (Highway 407)...what is this world coming too?

[snapback]373575[/snapback]​
have seen $3.50+ on east coast for prem.

#3 ·
Actually what you meant to say was 3.8 liters for 1 gallon.

And is that Canadian dollars? If its canadian dollars then you are well off for the super fuels cause its like 3.75$ here in California for premium unleaded at some places and that is about 7 fitty for the same to you. So i may be driving up to Vancouver once in a while to get my gas...figures it might turn out to be cheaper......though its still like 2.60 back home in missouri. Now with Katrina strikig the mississipi refineries expect the gas to rise by about 30-50 cents in the next few weeks. Unless the American govenrment feels they can TAP into their "strategic reserves" now FOR GOD's SAKE..... :banghead .

#6 ·
Check this out, an economics professor weighs in on the true price of gasoline, in comparison to previous decades (inflation adjusted).

"In real terms, that means gasoline prices today are only slightly higher, about 8 percent, than they were in 1950. Up until the recent spike, gasoline prices have been considerably lower than 1950 prices."

http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=4384

#7 ·
Originally posted by 2001BMW330iRob@Aug 31 2005, 10:13 AM

[snapback]373575[/snapback]​
Actually Rob you twisted it little bit. 1 gallon equals 3.78 litre,so 1.30 for premium is 4.91 per gallon, convert to US $ as today we pay here in Canada $ 4.12 US per gallon-how about that eh?

#8 ·
Today, driving home from school, i saw people lined up around the block to pay $4 a gallon for regular. this New Orleans deal is uncomprehensible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.