BMW Werkz banner

Bmw 31is Dme Flooded With Problems

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  nobrakese36 
#1 ·
hello, what a week, i decided to take my car to the car wash, i left it and when i returned the car wouldnt crank, so after a nice long push about 1/2 a mile i got it home and examined it, called a budy at the local stealership and told me the computer was wet, after removing it, i examined it and sure enough it was fool of water,FUCK!!!!, but i was able to find one on ebay with the same part number, so i bought it and it is on its way, once i get it and instal it should the engine just start up?

#2 ·
I have heard that if the mileage on the odometer does not match the one on the ECU that it will not work... No clue if that is true or not seeing that I have never had to change ECU's. So perhaps some one can confirm the truth of this. I read it in a thread a few days ago.

However, what I can do is help you to make sure this never happens again. You need to go to the stealership and get a Hood Cowl, to replace the one on your car that I am willing to bet has a little bit broken off of the passenger side corner. It is a piece of cake to change and can be done in 30mins tops if you're slow. Take off Windshield wipers, a few plastic screw things pull off and replace. Problem solved. And in teh future stay away from car washes. They will break the corner off again.

#3 ·
Originally posted by nobrakese36@Jul 20 2005, 08:56 PM
hello, what a week, i decided to take my car to the car wash, i left it and when i returned the car wouldnt crank, so after a nice long push about 1/2 a mile i got it home and examined it, called a budy at the local stealership and told me the computer was wet, after removing it, i examined it and sure enough it was fool of water,FUCK!!!!, but i was able to find one on ebay with the same part number, so i bought it and it is on its way, once i get it and instal it should the engine just start up?
[snapback]363988[/snapback]​
thank you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.