BMW Werkz banner

Speeding Ticket!!

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  nukeduster 
#1 ·
Well i'm at work today and i go home for my lunch, only to have received a letter through the mail.

The police speed camera's have caught me speeding - at 36mph in a 30mph area, so i've got 3-points on my what was clean license and a $110 fine.

:nope

#2 ·
Originally posted by Rich328@Jul 20 2005, 10:22 AM
Well i'm at work today and i go home for my lunch, only to have received a letter through the mail.

The police speed camera's have caught me speeding - at 36mph in a 30mph area, so i've got 3-points on my what was clean license and a $110 fine.

[snapback]363776[/snapback]​

ummm, I would fight that...6 Miles over is hardly worth pulling someone over...

and those radars aren't 100% accurate...apparently they can be off up to 10KM/h...

Hope this helps...

#4 ·
That is true however that is hardly fair. I would fight it but fight it very nicely, and explain that your parents will beat your severely if the ticket stands or something lame like that. Judges are people too and are sometimes they show compasion if you can prove that you are a decent upstanding citizen.

#8 ·
Yes, actually I have heard of that. Because one of my friends is dating a girl from London. Seriously. What's better - that friend's a chick. Yup. ****** from across the lake. Huh. Fancy that.
Maybe we should precision bomb. JDAM, anyone? That's bull.

#9 ·
Fight it. State weither these things are reliable. I know it worked in NY same things with red light cameras. Human reaction speed along with unknown stopping power compared to the reaction speed of stop light cameras is a cause for it to not be constitutionally correct. Not to mention these cameras can't get exact pictures of drivers so you can't point to who to give the ticket to. Also violations must be seen by a police officer directly not by second or third person testimony. But since you in london things work differently.

#10 ·
Originally posted by Rich328@Jul 20 2005, 09:22 AM

[snapback]363776[/snapback]​

well it is england

#13 ·
Originally posted by theironm0nk@Jul 20 2005, 08:48 PM
Fight it. State weither these things are reliable. I know it worked in NY same things with red light cameras. Human reaction speed along with unknown stopping power compared to the reaction speed of stop light cameras is a cause for it to not be constitutionally correct. Not to mention these cameras can't get exact pictures of drivers so you can't point to who to give the ticket to. Also violations must be seen by a police officer directly not by second or third person testimony. But since you in london things work differently.
[snapback]363985[/snapback]​

isnt constitutional...? wrong arguement..

trust me, from my last photo radar ticket, they get pretty damn good pictures of you in your car.. i looked pretty pimp in my oakleys. they had like 10 high res photos of my car at various angles and of me and my lic. plate #.

In Mesa, AZ (and most of the valley AFAIK), the cameras are set so that they dont even take a photo if you arent going at least 11mph over. Studies have shown that a reasonable and prudent driver will often exceed the posted speed by an average of 7mph.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.