BMW Werkz banner

Exhaust Tip Size

1K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  nukeduster 
#1 ·
I am just getting ready to add things to my e36. It is stock right now. The muffler I m looking at is JDM and has double barrol* 4 inch outlets. Is that too big? It has 2 1/2 inch inlets, is that correct for my car. 325is (1993)? Please let me know I need imput.

Thanks,
MAtt :help

#8 ·
stock inlets for 325 is 2 1/4

4 in outlets are probably too big

i agree with the guys who said to get a full cat-back, just gettin the muffler means youll have to cut the stock one off and weld/clamp the new one on. most likely your stock one is longer than the aftermarket one you getting so the tips wont come out as far...to be safe and get your money's worth, just get a cat-back dude

#9 ·
Originally posted by Shudogg@Jul 1 2005, 01:28 PM
stock inlets for 325 is 2 1/4

4 in outlets are probably too big

i agree with the guys who said to get a full cat-back, just gettin the muffler means youll have to cut the stock one off and weld/clamp the new one on. most likely your stock one is longer than the aftermarket one you getting so the tips wont come out as far...to be safe and get your money's worth, just get a cat-back dude
[snapback]358922[/snapback]​
dont get those "jdm" exhaust specials on ebay.. they SUCK.. a guy at work has oen of those $20 dual time mufflers on his car and it sounds like the worse of the rice rockets.

he bought the car with it already installed so i cant fault him for that.. and is looking to get rid of it ASAP with a real exhaust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.