BMW Werkz banner

Blown Light Bulb Light Is On, But All Bulbs Work

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Eric S. 
#1 ·
i got a 99 528 and it is showing that my rear light bulb is blown. I checked them all and they work (i've had 1 burned bulb before but once u replaced it, i didn't have the message anymore). Even thought it's not a big problem, it's somewhat annoying to have your dash all bright during the night (it's somewhat a distraction). Any ideas as to what can be causing it? Thanks

#2 ·
Get rubbing alcohol and cotton pads. Remove bulbs and clean contacts. Rinse. Repeat. Hang rabbit's foot from mirror, make prayer circle with salt, and pray to the electronic gods. It will happen again. My car's favorite pasttime is to lie to me about the front foglights.

#3 ·
#4 ·
could simply be the wrong bulb somewhere. My rear taillight light kept coming on right after i replaced the bulb, turns out the auto parts store sold me a bulb that would in fact light up, but wasn't the right bulb for the cars systems to say the bulb is good

#5 ·
thanks for the replies guys
hopefully i will have enough time to work on it this weekend and find out the problem
Hang rabbit's foot from mirror, make prayer circle with salt, and pray to the electronic gods.
:yezfunny :yezfunny :yezfunny :yezfunny :yezfunny :yezfunny :yezfunny :yezfunny :yezfunny :yezfunny :yezfunny

#6 ·
Originally posted by superdeadman@Jun 20 2005, 06:30 PM
i got a 99 528 and it is showing that my rear light bulb is blown. I checked them all and they work (i've had 1 burned bulb before but once u replaced it, i didn't have the message anymore). Even thought it's not a big problem, it's somewhat annoying to have your dash all bright during the night (it's somewhat a distraction). Any ideas as to what can be causing it? Thanks
[snapback]355295[/snapback]​
There's a bit on the www.540i6.com "common problems and fixes" page about that. I tried his tips and then I think I ended up just replacing the (working) bulb with a new one, but I've not had any trouble since. It's kind of irritating, that's for sure. :guns

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.