BMW Werkz banner

Performance Chip From Ebay???

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  zlac109 
#1 ·
I was looking for a performance upgrade and it seems like a chip is the way to go for a quick and easy upgrade. The question is where should i get said chip from? There on ebay for super cheap, advertising that there as good as the $300 counterparts. Whats the lowdown on this? Any info would be great!

#2 ·
no, no, and no...believe me this is one mod you dont want to take the cheap route on. Get a genuine JC Chip for $250 and chalk up the best $250 you ever spent on your car. Ebay you never know what the hell is gonna end up at your door. I would never trust ebay for such an integral part for you car

#3 ·
Originally posted by 93 325i@Jun 10 2005, 04:44 PM
no, no, and no...believe me this is one mod you dont want to take the cheap route on. Get a genuine JC Chip for $250 and chalk up the best $250 you ever spent on your car. Ebay you never know what the hell is gonna end up at your door. I would never trust ebay for such an integral part for you car
[snapback]352432[/snapback]​
WOW!! good to know, where did you get your jc chip from?

#5 ·
Second on the Conforti chip go to the reviews section on this forum I wrote up a review there.

#6 ·
Everyone is going to tell you not to buy an ebay chip except for the people that have bought a chip from ebay. As far as I can recall (and you could do a search for "Ebay Chip" and confirm) I have heard mostly good things from the people that did buy their chip from ebay. I think I only remember one or two that didn't work. But perhaps I just do not remember correctly.

It would be safer to buy one for the extra money from the manufacturers of the chip or a very reputable site. However, that is not to say that there isn't a good chance that you would end up with a very good copy of the same chip that you want from a fraction of the price. Hopefully one of the members with an ebay chip will speak up to who they bought their chip from. Or do a search for it as I previously stated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.