BMW Werkz banner

Adding Sub To Harmon Kardon System?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  da_bull 
#1 ·
I have a question. I have a harmon kardon factory system in my 328i, is there a way to add a subwoofer? i know I have a small one in the back but I would like a little more bass so I'm wondering if it's possible to do and how hard it is.

#4 ·
Originally posted by alexlikh87@Jun 9 2005, 01:24 AM
Well i know how to set up a sub in a car, i just thought that because the HK system is already with an amp and sub it would be hard to add another sub in the trunk because of the way it's wired.
[snapback]351956[/snapback]​
Once you have your sub/box/sub amp, you will need a high/low convertor, or some people call it a line out convertor. A factory system doesnt have the neccessary RCA cables that an aftermarket amp requires. This piece will make RCAs from speaker wires without taking away power from those speakers.

Since you already have a stock sub, find the two wires going to the sub. Not the one before the amplifier, I am talking about the ones right at the sub speaker. Disconnect these wires (since you wont need it anymore until you sell your car), wire them up to your line out convertor, plug a short set of RCAs cables into your new sub amp and you're ready to go. Fuse your new amp as close to the battery as you can, and enjoy.

Hope that helps....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.