BMW Werkz banner

Help!!! Cupholder Installation!!!

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  jmo69 
#1 ·
I just got used cupholders. I took off my old ashtray and tried to stick it in, It fits but then theres like 2 long hindges in the middle that are kind of too big and it makes the cupholder stick up a little. Am I installing it wrong or did I get the wrong set? I have a 4 door 1993 325i if that makes any difference. Please help. Thanks

#2 ·
Originally posted by dopeyx27@May 23 2005, 03:33 PM
I just got used cupholders. I took off my old ashtray and tried to stick it in, It fits but then theres like 2 long hindges in the middle that are kind of too big and it makes the cupholder stick up a little. Am I installing it wrong or did I get the wrong set? I have a 4 door 1993 325i if that makes any difference. Please help. Thanks
[snapback]347204[/snapback]​
Do you have a picture? I just purchased a used set as well (the kind that has the frame and the moveable cupholders, not the version that is all one piece) and I had no problems installing it.

#4 ·
Well my set has the moveable things also. Under your cupholder do you have like 2 fang looking things in the middle? They seem like they are there for a reason. I got the cupholders on ebay and i dont recommend you get them there. It came all messed up with an attempt to repair the coin holder with epoxy and everything.

#5 ·
so i just bought the same thing with the removable things. Piss me off because my old ashtray won't fit with the new frame and all. So I guess I gotta go buy a new style ashtray to work! SOB! Those prong things go in towards the front of the car. My question is how does the rear of the frame hook into the car? I DON'T want to drill a hole in the console??? Anyone?

#6 ·
Does anybody know how or where to get the light in the middle ashtray to work? I tried to change bulb, didn't go well. Do I have to change the whole plug thingy or just the bulb? If anybody has any of these parts for sale I'll take them. Is it a fuse thing? any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance...

#7 ·
Sounds like the light for the lighter, couldn't get the bulb out if that either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.