BMW Werkz banner

About This Months European Car Magazine

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  B_w. 
#1 ·
I dont know if anybody has seen it, but on the cover is a picture of a 1992 325 that someone has put a e46 carbon fiber hood that fits on it. Can anyone help me where to find it? The guy turned his 325 into a GTR M3, with a widebody kit and everything. Awesome car, 500 horses!! Thanks guys!!!

#2 ·
So I guess nobody knows where I can get one? lol does anyone know custom hood makers, so I could get one that way? Also, I need to know how to set the lights so they would mount. Thanks guys, im putting in a picture. This car used to be a 1992 325, so I want to mod the hood to look like his, and also put in the new lights. Engine mods would be cool, but not on my budget, not now anyway lol Thanks guys!!!

Attachments

#7 ·
That would take a lot of body work. If you read the article, it says that he has a whole new front clip. This is the only way to get that look, b/c of the difference in the headlights. If you want E46 headlights, you will have to get a new front bumper, hood, and fenders that will mate up with them correctly. I hope that doesn't rain on your parade, man.

#8 ·
do you know where I could get the mods? because I am very interested in doing this, haha minus the wing and engine mods, im only 18 haha, I did get in contact with him, and he had the CF hood made in germany, but I was wondering if a metal fab company could take the E46 hood and mod it to fit on the E36 brackets, maybe by cutting the hinges off the old stock hood E36 and weld them onto the new E46 hood? Not to sure if this would work, or what, but thanks for the help, you guys are awesome. check out ptgm3.com for more info

#9 ·
too much time, effort and money. Save it and buy yourself an M3 or M5.
Even if you could get all of the parts you (and you could be I don't know) would need to have the expertise of a ME to do all of that fabrication work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.