BMW Werkz banner

Short?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  nukeduster 
#1 ·
ok so like 10 minutes ago, i start my car, and the rigth sig light on on solid, and in the check panel it says that tails and lic lights are out, but the lights work. the fuses all check out fine, any idea's if its a shot or where it would be?

#4 ·
well im still getting contsant power to the park lights, ans sid lights. smoke started from underneith the dash board, but can't find any burns. it also shorted out the stereo some how and blew the fuse.

any other ideas i've got this damn thing near stripped and can't find any shorts

#5 ·
Originally posted by BimmerKris@Apr 24 2005, 12:33 PM
well im still getting contsant power to the park lights, ans sid lights. smoke started from underneith the dash board, but can't find any burns. it also shorted out the stereo some how and blew the fuse.

any other ideas i've got this damn thing near stripped and can't find any shorts
[snapback]337231[/snapback]​
go into the fuse box and start testing with a multimeter for shorts.
start big(main fuses) and go small(individual circuits powered off that fuse thats drawing power when it shouldn't/drawing too much current).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.