BMW Werkz banner

2000 Bmw 323i

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  2000BMW323i 
#1 ·
Hello,

I am new to this forum and have never owned a BMW, although I have always wanted to. Now it seems that my chance may be coming soon, as I am going to sell my '96 Toyota Avalon and get a new car.

In any case, I have heard lots of pros about BMWs and want one because it is one of the few cars that offers rear-wheel drive, manual transmission, exceptional handling and speed, with luxury. I am looking at a 2000 323i with 73k miles on it. It is a manual and in good shape from what I can tell (though I'll probably have a mechanic check it out to confirm). What does everyone think of a BMW from that year, with that many miles? I heard that lately (probably newer models - 2004 and later), quality has been lacking a little, and I really want a reliable car and something that I won't have to sink tons of money into right after I buy it. I am sure the warranty is expired, but out of curiousity, does anyone know what the warranty was on the car?

Also, what kind of speed do these get off the line? I've heard 7.1s with the manual. Is the stock sound system pretty decent? Do these cars hold together well? How high is service and repair in comparison with Toyota?

Right now, I am pitting this car against a 2002 Lexus IS300, a 2002 MB C230k sedan, and a new Mazda 3. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

NicB.

See less See more
#3 ·
I dont know what your budget is but can you go for a 2001 model maybe 325i or something......huge difference in quality and ride. Regarding mileage again There are users on this forums who have ridden bimmers past the 6 figure mark and going.....but you have to be ready to put in some money for repairs and parts. Anything after 50K things start to come apart. So depending on your buying power....I would suggest a 2001 model......325i......45-60K miles......(may run to about 16-18000$ if you search hard). I got my 01 325xi 39K miles and all premium and cold weather options for 22000 1 year back.......so i think you could even go lower than 16000 with what youre looking for.

Anyways this is my suggestion not to be taken seriously...... :p Hope you get a Roudel soon though...... :driving all the best.

#4 ·
Thanks for your remarks. I figured Bimmers with more mileage are going to have higher costs...ah well.

2000Bmw323i, just out of curiousity, what's your asking price? Tell me a little about the car and a general idea of where you are located.

Any more input from anyone is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

NicB.

#6 ·
Yea...that's what I hear, although one of my friends has one and she loves it. I'll tell you what car smokes is the Lexus IS300. If it didn't make my insurance almost double, I'd probably get that. I wish BMW had a better rep for quality and low maintenance. I have a feeling this won't stop me though...haha.

Then again, sometimes I think I should say screw all newer model cars and get an old school VR6 Corrado or perhaps a 1980s Porsche, vintage style, know what I mean? :) Hells yea...

NicB.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.