BMW Werkz banner

Time For An Update

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Kevin325i 
#1 ·
Well I've been pretty busy with the car recently. I've come up on about a year of ownership and I decided it was time to reflect on all the things I've done to it since then. Basically this is a "here's my car" thread one year later.

When I first got the car it was stock everything, except for a poineer headunit. My dad and I drove to Missouri (4 hour drive) and put it in the car trailer. The car had 109k and was in need of almost nothing besides a set of tires.

We slapped a new set of tires on it and 4 days later the sports car club was having it's first autocross. Off we went. I was very uncomfortable in the car, especially since I just got it and had driven it a total of 100 miles by then.

I didn't do very well but I started learning a lot about how to control the car. I decided it was time to do some "modifications" to the car, but still keep a stock appearance. I debadged the car and picked up a Dinan chip. I also added a drop in K&N filter with a ram air duct. Front plate delete was also on the list. I also did the fan delete. I've also added an M3 shift lever, and done the understeer.com WSR as well as the DIY clutch stop.

UUC Transmission mounts (red) with enforcers were on the list as well. Then a full M3 clutch set up and urethane LCABs.

We painted the skirts to match the car, but the color was a little off. I just decided after the second attempt it was close enough. The car was never really meant to be a beauty queen, it's meant to get me around town and tear up some cones on the weekends.

However, after a "fun" little romp at the drag strip I did some serious damage to the subframe. I seperated the front passenger and rear driver mounts. The car was parked until we could get it on a lift to fix it at the shop.
Drag racing is fun.

Everything taken apart.

Everything prepped for welding.

Those were taken from turner's site I think, couldn't find the ones I took myself.

Well, since then I've added Koni adjustable shocks and H&R sport springs. It's an ok set up but I wish it was a little bit more in the corners. For the average person on the street it's a great set up. Now I've just got to add some big sway bars.

Feel free to post an questions/comments that you've got.

See less See more
#3 ·
Recently, a lot of my time has been going to my bowling addiction and helping a friend get his Talon running (JDM swap). Time for the forums has been cut to a minimum with everything going on.

#13 ·
Originally posted by Kevin325i@Apr 4 2005, 09:42 PM
That's byron dragway. The site is this: http://www.byrondragway.com/
[snapback]325720[/snapback]​
k, that's kinda what I thought, I've heard of other people around here talking about it.... it's only like 20mins from my house (janesville)... I might check it out after finals....

heh, look at the pics on their site...

and all I gotta say for this is, why?
[attachmentid=20727]

Attachments

#14 ·
It's a good place if you want to go and run your car. It's not very interesting to watch. At first it's sweet but nothing is flashy and the announcer will make you wish you had a rifle.

For a little bit the announcer will be funny though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.