BMW Werkz banner

Crome Rings In Dash

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  DexBeemer 
#1 ·
I just installed some crome rings in my dash that go around all the gauges. Let me tell it wasn't as easy as I thought but they look really cool.

Here are what they look like. Good luck and take your time if you are going to install them. You have to have epoxy glue and zip ties which do not come with the order. I would also suggest wearing rubber gloves while installing them because you will get finger prints on the clear front cover.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
cant really see the pic but from what i can it looks really good. where did you order them from? ive been planning on buying some and was looking on ebay and found them for around $30-40 which seemed like way too much...

#4 ·
I've got silver gauge rings coming from Bimmian.com as I write, $40. Bimmian has a good instruction page for this install, Dex did you use this? What kind of epoxy did you use? they spec 5min epoxy, I'm assuming so you can clean up any glue before it dries. Did the cluster come out as easily as it looks? Lastly, I'm I opening a large can of worms here? :broken

#8 ·
I bought the epoxy glue from Auto Zone. Like the instructions say, only spread a very thin line and be ready to clean up quickly. The adhesive that comes on the back of the rings spread out of the ring so you have to tuck them under using a toothpick or something else small.

Just take your time and make sure that you clean the plexy glass from all your fingerprints and such.

Lastly, when you put back together your cluster, make sure that the two buttons which reset your mileage and set your clock is positioned right and push in. I didn't have them right and when I got the cluster back in the dash I had to take it back out to align them.

Once you have it out working on it you will know what I mean.

Like I said just take your time.

Good luck,

Dex

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.