BMW Werkz banner

Handling Of 325 Ix ?

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Cellardoor 
#1 ·
Hi guys !

I just found this 325 ix Bauer convertible (>see pics down here) from 86 in a car cemetery.
I am about to buy it for around 550 Euros.

I would like to ask to someone who owns an ix (4 wheel drive) how does it handle ?
I just wanna be sure that I still can make donuts and 8s . Are burnouts still possible with that 4 wheel drive transmission ?

This is important to me because one of the reason i appreciate our e30s so much is because of the way they handle ! rear drive transmission handling !

thanks for your infos, and by the way, what do you think of that car I found ? and should I keep it in red ? I was thinking about a silver metallic color.

Peace !

Seb. :driving

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Originally posted by FastSeb@Mar 17 2005, 07:00 PM
Hi guys !

I just found this 325 ix Bauer convertible (>see pics down here) from 86 in a car cemetery.
I am about to buy it for around 550 Euros.

I would like to ask to someone who owns an ix (4 wheel drive) how does it handle ?
I just wanna be sure that I still can make donuts and 8s . Are burnouts still possible with that 4 wheel drive transmission ?

This is important to me because one of the reason i appreciate our e30s so much is because of the way they handle ! rear drive transmission handling !

thanks for your infos, and by the way, what do you think of that car I found ? and should I keep it in red ? I was thinking about a silver metallic color.

Peace !

Seb. :driving
[snapback]313735[/snapback]​

my friiends got one handles awsome, it can do burnouts, so that means it can do 8's but thats not really handling oriented thats power, taking corners the thing is awsome, just sucks itself arround them. hes got an 88ix.

#3 ·
Thanks Kowalsky !

I was really afraid that the 2.5 L wouldnt be powerfull enough to allow burnouts with the 4 wheels drive transmission.

The transmission is probably giving some 60 to 65 % of the power to the rear wheels, and only the rest of the power to the front wheels.

Do you know how much heavier it is compared to a classical 325 i ?

Anyway.. I'm so excited by that car ! plus, we dont see many Bauer cabriolet here, and even less with the 2.5 and the X transmission !

This summer I'll be :driving top down with the melody of the six in line as music !

Take it easy !

Seb.

#4 ·
Sweet find! y was it junked? i mean it looks pretty clean ...... other then missing a steering wheel (u might want to get that back on there before u try to drive it ;) ) . keep us posted on how everything goes.

-Hutch-

#5 ·
yeah it was just left there !
I found it by chance when i was looking for some second hand parts for a friend's car.
The guy from the car cemetery told me that the car was left here because the owner was sent to jail or something.

I will keep you guys informed with pics about the evolution all the way from the junkyard to the new paintjob and the 16" chrome alloy wheels.

:beer

#6 ·
Man o man u are a lucky S.O.B. lol 500 euros and a new steering wheel and u are good to go. Damn that should b a fun project/new toy :)

-Hutch-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.