XENON HEADLIGHTS, HAVE THEM, Now NEED fog light bulbs - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2006, 02:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
spfdfanatic is an unknown quantity at this point
XENON HEADLIGHTS, HAVE THEM, Now NEED fog light bulbs

what do I need to get??? Have looked all over, and have not been able to figure out what I need. I hate having the XENONS, and the stupid white bulbs below!
spfdfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2006, 02:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
I am Teh Edumacator.

Car: 1999 Dinan 540i/6, 1995 Dinan 749
Photos:
Teh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
Actually I would recommend against changing to fogs to xenon. It defeats their purpose.

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
Teh Prof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 03:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
so changing the white lights defeats purpose if I change to Xenons? For lack of a better reason, I'm stupid, could you explain?
Old 12-29-2006, 03:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
BMWERKEN is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BMWERKEN
You have a couple of options for your fogs, you can either go with our Predator Xenix bulbs or our ProLumen HID kit.

The Predator Xenix bulbs are just simple xenon colored halogen replacements that swap out your stock halogens for a closer xenon match. While these are a great and affordable upgrade over your stock halogens, they will not be a 100% xenon match like our HID kits.

For that, you will want our ProLumen HID kit which is a full xenon system like your headlights built for your fogs. They are 100% plug and play and come with a full lifetime warranty. They are also available in a wide variety of color temperatures to match your headlights.

Feel free to contact us with any questions:

sales@jlevisw.com
1.888.JLEVISW
AIM: Nick at JSW or Jlevi SW

Call Toll Free: 1.888.JLEVISW
PREDATOR ICE OEM ANGEL EYE UPGRADE | PREDATOR CHROMIUM ANGEL EYES | LED TURN SIGNALS
BMWERKEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 03:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWERKEN
You have a couple of options for your fogs, you can either go with our Predator Xenix bulbs or our ProLumen HID kit.

The Predator Xenix bulbs are just simple xenon colored halogen replacements that swap out your stock halogens for a closer xenon match. While these are a great and affordable upgrade over your stock halogens, they will not be a 100% xenon match like our HID kits.

For that, you will want our ProLumen HID kit which is a full xenon system like your headlights built for your fogs. They are 100% plug and play and come with a full lifetime warranty. They are also available in a wide variety of color temperatures to match your headlights.

Feel free to contact us with any questions:

sales@jlevisw.com
1.888.JLEVISW
AIM: Nick at JSW or Jlevi SW

I tried calling you guys and only got an answering machine! You must be busy! Can you provide a link to these on your website?
Old 12-29-2006, 04:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
I am Teh Edumacator.

Car: 1999 Dinan 540i/6, 1995 Dinan 749
Photos:
Teh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
Basically, fog lights are supposed to be a little yellow and diffuse light around all over the ground under the fog layer. Xenon lights are meant to be narrow and focused. If you use xenon lights in fog, you will just blind yourself. The mellower light of the fog lights helps you to see more clearly in those conditions than the xenons would.

If it's just a cosmetic issue and you don't care if your fog lights actually function as fog lights, then go ahead and pop in the xenons.

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
Teh Prof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
The Messican

Car: 2000 2.3 Z3
Photos:
MiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MiguelACA
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3UOND
Basically, fog lights are supposed to be a little yellow and diffuse light around all over the ground under the fog layer. Xenon lights are meant to be narrow and focused. If you use xenon lights in fog, you will just blind yourself. The mellower light of the fog lights helps you to see more clearly in those conditions than the xenons would.

If it's just a cosmetic issue and you don't care if your fog lights actually function as fog lights, then go ahead and pop in the xenons.

yea, what he said, brighter lights really fuck up you vision in foggy conditions, i did the super fogs mod on my old 325i and when we got some heavy mods, the fogs were useless, they lit up the fog like crazy

A morning of awkwardness is better than a night of loneliness
MiguelACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
68th gear and shifting

Car: a lot of broken ones
Photos:
superdeadman has a spectacular aura aboutsuperdeadman has a spectacular aura aboutsuperdeadman has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to superdeadman
yup. and that's exactly why you don't use high beams when it's foggy. Useless - you're just blinding yourself.

and i think you might want to get projector fog lights as well, so that you can further enhance your xenons

member and partial creator of the Pimpin' The Auto club
Quote:
m20 pwr: "oh yeah baby, pour some acid on my penis"

R.I.P. fast 6
"drive hard
keep it clean
and most of all have fun driving"
superdeadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 01:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
BMWERKEN is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BMWERKEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by spfdfanatic
I tried calling you guys and only got an answering machine! You must be busy! Can you provide a link to these on your website?
We are in and out of the office until the 2nd. Best way to get in contact with us until then is email.

JleviSW.com - 1.888.JLEVISW for Vorsteiner, Brembo, Angel Eyes, DPE, & MORE - Jlevi SW

Call Toll Free: 1.888.JLEVISW
PREDATOR ICE OEM ANGEL EYE UPGRADE | PREDATOR CHROMIUM ANGEL EYES | LED TURN SIGNALS
BMWERKEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 05:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
ronaldr is on a distinguished road
Fog Lights

Everyone is correct about not using "blue or white" lights when replacing your fogs. Too much light reflects back towards the driver in thick fog. Having said all that - I changed mine to PIAA Star Whites and love how bright they are!!!!! They actually match my Bi-Xenons currently on my BMW 330ci, and it's a great look. I use them every time I drive at night 'cause it really lights the road directly in front of you creating an envelope of light. Who really uses their fogs for their intended purpose anyway? I want them bright and white for a real knock out presence when driving in town..........
ronaldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)