Www.luxurymotors.com - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 10:30 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ideals_ca is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Hello, I am also looking at buying a 325ci from www.luxurymotors.com and any feedback from prior customers of luxury motors would be greatly appreciated. I live in California so I will be buying the car from the interent without actually test driving the 325. Are they credible? Any bad experiences? Please let me know I will make purchase within 72 hours. Have a great day!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-17-2004, 01:26 AM
3rd Gear Member

Q_BMW is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Q_BMW Send a message via MSN to Q_BMW
dude
dont buy it man, seriously

I was there this last weekend....the customer service was crap and the car wasnt in good condition either. I finalized most of it and ended up walking away from it at the last minute....cant say how thankful i am for that.

pm me or im me for more details .
Q

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>JUST SOLD:</span> <span style='color:blue'>01 BMW 330i with Sport &amp; M Package(5sp)</span></span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>Past:</span> <span style='color:red'>1996 BMW 328i</span></span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><a href='http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=10038932107&page=1&sort_o rder=0' target='_blank'>PICTURES!!</a></span>
#3 (permalink) Old 11-17-2004, 01:42 AM
3rd Gear Member

FYI:

this was the cr i check out there..

http://www.luxurymotors.com/inventory_deta...type=&ob=&desc=

Q

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>JUST SOLD:</span> <span style='color:blue'>01 BMW 330i with Sport &amp; M Package(5sp)</span></span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>Past:</span> <span style='color:red'>1996 BMW 328i</span></span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><a href='http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=10038932107&page=1&sort_o rder=0' target='_blank'>PICTURES!!</a></span>
#4 (permalink) Old 11-17-2004, 03:49 PM
3rd Gear Member

hey guys

I typed up a quick description of my horrific day at luxurymotors.com

hope it helps
Q
==================================================

Hey guys
Yes, that was exactly the problem; the car looked really good in the ad!!
Anyways let me give you a rundown of my experience with this dealer on Saturday.

So I call on Friday and put down a $1000 deposit(after the insist) on this car and take the early train up to Chicago (2.5 hours) on Saturday morning to get to this dealer at 10am. When I get there they tell me that the car is in the detailing shop and it’s just being waxed...etc...To make it look new before I drive it. I remained patient and continued to wait. I ended up waiting for 1.5 hours and only got to see the car at 11:30 when it was driven in from somewhere else.

Now here was the problem, I didn’t mind waiting but when the car came in it was dirty, like the rims had mud stains, the dash had dust...it was in no way even attempted to be cleaned. Even then, I ignored that fact and drove the car. The car did seem like a tank and much slower then my 96 328i that I sold, but I was warned about that fact by some ppl so assumed it was meant to be that way. Also, the windshield had a small crack in it, the shift knob came out in my hand, when the car was at low speeds the steering vibrated, the moon roof shade was bust......it was a leased car which made the picture clearer.

After all this I still negotiated a price, he didn’t move from his price but squeezed in some warranty which he said was 30 months and 30K miles from when this warranty expired. The car currently had around 13K or 13 months of BMW warranty left.

So we closed the deal on a price then, just before walking to the finance department I find out the car only comes with one key....the salesperson kept telling me it had xenon’s which when I went to check it did not have them. It was her mistake since the ad did not state it but they refused to take responsibility and simply said she was "new".

Now when I walk in the finance managers office, and right before I sign it he tells me your 30K 30 month warranty begins from today and overwrites the BMW warranty. I was SHOCKED!! I was like these guys keep hustling me around and just keep changing stuff. I was very annoyed but calm at this point and he tells me to pay 300 bucks more to add a yr to the non bmw warranty. I said it’s not the money anymore, it’s the principles. Then when he begins telling me interest rates he tells me 9.9%!!!! I was shocked again, and the lowest he went to was 7.99% after stating he would go under a big loss.

I said,” forget this deal; it doesn’t look like its working out for me". At this point the sales manager (Ricky) of that office closes the door and starts swearing at me. He was like, "what the f*ck, why are you trying to f*ck me over on such a good deal I am giving you...etc." At that point I said, thanks for making me wait for the car for 2 hours in the morning as it was apparently detailed...and calmly walked out.

That was probably the best decision I made!! Also, my buddy who came to check out the car with me, was told my the members there to park his car in the gas station next door as their customer parking driveway at the shop was packed, his car got towed. They were willing to work it out but once I cancelled the deal , this is what the he said " it’s your f*cking problem...deal with it yourself!"

So anyways, I left their place @ 3:45pm with most of my day wasted. Went online and found this other dealer. I went over to him, drove a 325i stick shift he had, and TRUST me that 325i flew when compared to that 330ci from luxurymotors.com . This told me for sure that car had been messed with in my opinion, cuz it felt like a tank.

Then at 5:!5 at that same dealer I drove the 330i that I ended up buying and man it FLIES.......I was out f that store in an hour, with a good price, a clean car. And 4.9% interest rate. Also the warranty I got here was 5yr 60K bumper to bumper for 1600 bucks, the guys at luxurymotors after cutting the price to half as part of our negotiation charged me 1500 for 30 month 30K.

I am so happy I did not buy the car at luxurymotors. I am a college student who will be graduating in a month, and went up just to get a good car. My friend who was with me was looking to get an X5 for his mom and an M3 for himself from luxury too because their inventory is huge, but don’t look like that is happening.

Also, I have talked to like 2 people so far, friends from Chicago, and when I mentioned luxury all they said was, if you told us you were going there before, we would have warned you..

In either case, not saying your car with necessarily be messed up too....it might be a nice clean one, but the people, service, slyness in misleading me with information, and a 330ci that felt like a tank are things I def want to share with people. I was fortunate I got to go up there and learn from this experience,.

Hope this helps. This post is not intended to offend anyone, it’s just a post about my horrible experience at luxurymotors.

Thanks
Q

#5 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 02:20 AM
1st Gear Member

KwlAznKid is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to KwlAznKid Send a message via Yahoo to KwlAznKid
Quote:
Originally posted by Q_BMW@Nov 17 2004, 03:49 PM
hey guys

I typed up a quick description of my horrific day at luxurymotors.com

hope it helps
Q
==================================================

Hey guys
Yes, that was exactly the problem; the car looked really good in the ad!!
Anyways let me give you a rundown of my experience with this dealer on Saturday.

So I call on Friday and put down a $1000 deposit(after the insist) on this car and take the early train up to Chicago (2.5 hours) on Saturday morning to get to this dealer at 10am. When I get there they tell me that the car is in the detailing shop and it’s just being waxed...etc...To make it look new before I drive it. I remained patient and continued to wait. I ended up waiting for 1.5 hours and only got to see the car at 11:30 when it was driven in from somewhere else.

Now here was the problem, I didn’t mind waiting but when the car came in it was dirty, like the rims had mud stains, the dash had dust...it was in no way even attempted to be cleaned. Even then, I ignored that fact and drove the car. The car did seem like a tank and much slower then my 96 328i that I sold, but I was warned about that fact by some ppl so assumed it was meant to be that way. Also, the windshield had a small crack in it, the shift knob came out in my hand, when the car was at low speeds the steering vibrated, the moon roof shade was bust......it was a leased car which made the picture clearer.

After all this I still negotiated a price, he didn’t move from his price but squeezed in some warranty which he said was 30 months and 30K miles from when this warranty expired. The car currently had around 13K or 13 months of BMW warranty left.

So we closed the deal on a price then, just before walking to the finance department I find out the car only comes with one key....the salesperson kept telling me it had xenon’s which when I went to check it did not have them. It was her mistake since the ad did not state it but they refused to take responsibility and simply said she was "new".

Now when I walk in the finance managers office, and right before I sign it he tells me your 30K 30 month warranty begins from today and overwrites the BMW warranty. I was SHOCKED!! I was like these guys keep hustling me around and just keep changing stuff. I was very annoyed but calm at this point and he tells me to pay 300 bucks more to add a yr to the non bmw warranty. I said it’s not the money anymore, it’s the principles. Then when he begins telling me interest rates he tells me 9.9%!!!! I was shocked again, and the lowest he went to was 7.99% after stating he would go under a big loss.

I said,” forget this deal; it doesn’t look like its working out for me". At this point the sales manager (Ricky) of that office closes the door and starts swearing at me. He was like, "what the f*ck, why are you trying to f*ck me over on such a good deal I am giving you...etc." At that point I said, thanks for making me wait for the car for 2 hours in the morning as it was apparently detailed...and calmly walked out.

That was probably the best decision I made!! Also, my buddy who came to check out the car with me, was told my the members there to park his car in the gas station next door as their customer parking driveway at the shop was packed, his car got towed. They were willing to work it out but once I cancelled the deal , this is what the he said " it’s your f*cking problem...deal with it yourself!"

So anyways, I left their place @ 3:45pm with most of my day wasted. Went online and found this other dealer. I went over to him, drove a 325i stick shift he had, and TRUST me that 325i flew when compared to that 330ci from luxurymotors.com . This told me for sure that car had been messed with in my opinion, cuz it felt like a tank.

Then at 5:!5 at that same dealer I drove the 330i that I ended up buying and man it FLIES.......I was out f that store in an hour, with a good price, a clean car. And 4.9% interest rate. Also the warranty I got here was 5yr 60K bumper to bumper for 1600 bucks, the guys at luxurymotors after cutting the price to half as part of our negotiation charged me 1500 for 30 month 30K.

I am so happy I did not buy the car at luxurymotors. I am a college student who will be graduating in a month, and went up just to get a good car. My friend who was with me was looking to get an X5 for his mom and an M3 for himself from luxury too because their inventory is huge, but don’t look like that is happening.

Also, I have talked to like 2 people so far, friends from Chicago, and when I mentioned luxury all they said was, if you told us you were going there before, we would have warned you..

In either case, not saying your car with necessarily be messed up too....it might be a nice clean one, but the people, service, slyness in misleading me with information, and a 330ci that felt like a tank are things I def want to share with people. I was fortunate I got to go up there and learn from this experience,.

Hope this helps. This post is not intended to offend anyone, it’s just a post about my horrible experience at luxurymotors.

Thanks
Q

[snapback]232758[/snapback]
my god
that sounds horrible
good choice

&lt;img src=&quot;http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5....jpg&quot;&gt;
01 BMW 325 CI (mine)
93 MERCEDES BENZ S 400 (mom's)
03 INFINITI FX 45 (dad's)
#6 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 11:33 AM
n00b

wentworth3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Greetings,

Update - 11.29.2004
I received a bubble wrap envelope from Luxury Motors with a second master key to my car in it. Apparently they recently found it and were nice enough to mail it to me. This was a pretty nice surprise since I have been putting off getting another one after I found out that it was going to cost me about $130 for a replacement key.

Executive summary - I got two master keys and am quite pleased with my experience with luxurymotors.com

original message:
I bought a 2003 330xi from them a week and a half ago and thought that I would share my experience. Overall, I have been quite pleased with luxurymotors and would buy from them again. I was a more than a little wary about how good the price for my car (under $30k) was considering it was completely loaded, Luxury, Sport, Cold Weather, Xenon's - etc. I talked to my sales guy, had him send me some additional pictures of the car (one of the rims was scraped) and then I put down a $1k refundable deposit. FYI - I live in Kansas and elected to go inspect the car and then drive it home.

I brought my brother-in-law with me who just happens to be a professional mechanic. He thoroughly inspected the car and did not find any deal breaker problems with it. The car turned out to be what they represented it to be.

On the downside - I only got one key (master key) with the car and am missing the official BMW screwdriver and channel locks from the BMW tool kit, but that is about it. There was also a pretty good scrape on the underside of the front bumper that I really did not notice when I was inspecting the car, but in all fairness, I would not have cared about the scrape because the price was so good and the scrape was visible in the pictures of the car on their website when I went back and looked.

I think that this comes down to management of expectations. Considering the price, I fully expected for there to be some issues (like only one key, etc.) but in the end, I would buy the car again and will see what they have when it is time to replace my wife's SUV.

FYI - I got an extended warranty and had them take care of the financing. I am pretty pleased with the rate they got and how little hassle I had during the experience.

Since the original poster lives in CA, I would be a little wary buying a car from luxurty motors (or any dealer for that matter) without inspecting it first.
#7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 04:43 PM
n00b

JCAMACHO is on a distinguished road
Would like to help

To anyone interested in buying cars from Luxurymotors.com or any legitimate customer. We have been the target of a deliberate slanderous ecommerce campaign from our competitors. They have been spamming the websites & blogs with false customer complaints.

Luxurymotors.com is the largest ecommerce luxury autmobile retailer in the world, retailing over 1000 cars a month worldwide. We have been in business since 1993 and have a gross sales volume reaching over $400,000,000.00 in sales for 2005.

Within these numbers there are many satisfied customers. We also have a great record with the better business bureau and we try our best to satisfy any and all comments or issues that a customer may have.

To additionally assist customers before or after sale we have also created a toll free customer service number on our website to help you.

If you are a legitimate customer of Luxurymotors.com, would be interested in buying from us and need some assistance feel free to call me directly at 1-630-330-5288.

Jeffrey F. Camacho
Director of Marketing
Luxury Motors Inc.
#8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 02:38 AM
n00b

Lisa626 is on a distinguished road
You gotta test drive.. such a big purchase
#9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 11:28 AM
n00b

Kulbiker is on a distinguished road
Lisa said it right....I would never buy anything more than a 1000 dollars without touching it at least. A car....never ever without at least sitting in it I dont care even if I am buying a brand new piece from the Chris Bangle himself. I drove 300 miles to get my ride just cause I wanted to be able to ride in it and see what it looks like. I dont care what the dealer shows on the website.....and with due respect to luxurymotors.com...I think no dealer tells you EVERYTHING up front. You have to see it for yourself.

01 325 xi E46 Bimmer Titanium.....FAST
99 600cc Suzuki GSX-R Blue..........FASTER
My stupid temper.......FASTEST
#10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 04:39 AM
n00b

natethegreat is on a distinguished road
Luxury motors/infinity gold coast chicago

I read all these horror stories and the BBB complaints. I live in Michigan and found an incredible deal on a Nissan on luxurymotors .com. The problem was it was at infinity gold coast in Chicago. I spoke with a few sales guys at other dealerships in Chicago and got the pushy type feeling from them. The guys at infinity gold coast seemed decent. I went down and made an appointment. I showed up and the car was still in the garage. I did get a bit miffed that the car was not ready for me to see but I had to realize in downtown Chicago they don't have a parking lot they can just pull it out of. Every car is storage in a garage. So after 30 min the car got there and it was true to the pictures. I test drove it and dealt with an incredibly nice sales guy Ronnie Caldwell. He was not pushy at all and answered all my questions. I went through the car with a fine tooth comb and had my mechanic do the same. No problems at all other than the norm for 30,000 miles. I got an incredible deal on a car and am very happy with my experience with them.
#11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 05:00 AM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
Glad to hear it worked out for you...

....Do realize this thread hadn't been responded to in a year and a half...

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
#12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 04:02 PM
n00b

r0caldwe is on a distinguished road
Hello all.

Hello all. Im the new guy.
#13 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 04:24 PM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0caldwe View Post
Hello all. Im the new guy.
So why are you posting in this thread?

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
#14 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 10:15 AM
n00b

tmckee is on a distinguished road
Luxurymotors

Please think twice before doing business with Sleazymotors.com. Just found out the lease we signed 3 years ago was complete lie. Sleazymotors even admitted we were lied to there only response was the leasing agent is no longer with us.
Obviously there is nothing we can do except dedicated 2 hours a day on the internet to warn consumers about there business tactics at least I can cost them a few hundred thousand in business.
#15 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 10:17 AM
n00b

tmckee is on a distinguished road
Please think twice before doing business with Sleazymotors.com. Just found out the lease we signed 3 years ago was complete lie. Sleazymotors even admitted we were lied to there only response was the leasing agent is no longer with us.
Obviously there is nothing we can do except dedicated 2 hours a day on the internet to warn consumers about there business tactics at least I can cost them a few hundred thousand in business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)