Wiring Gremlins! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 08:46 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
rock.krawler@comcast.net is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to rock.krawler@comcast.net
(Thread Starter)
Wiring Gremlins!

I bought an 01 330ci 3 weeks ago, got what I figured was a smokin deal. There were issues that I figured would be an easy fix. I am starting to think otherwise. I will list what I am looking at, and if someone can help it would be very much appreciated.

Horn does not work. checked fuses, pulled horns and try hot wires, they still do not work, I am thinking buy new ones.

Washer fluid pump does not work. have not checked it out yet.

Emergency flashers do not work( dealer seems to think someone spilled something on console because door lock does not work either).

I also have 2 small wires hanging on the passenger side by the horn, colors are green with black tracer, and green with yellow tracer.

The previous owner apparently pulled up on a curb, then when they backed off, it tore stuff out. The front inner fender liners are missing, along with the outside temp sensor( which I replaced and is now working), one fog lamp, the air ducts for the brakes are broken also. Is there a possibility that there is a major wire that has been unplugged or torn someplace that I am not able to see?

Thanks for any help!!
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 09:34 PM
n00b

addtothehustle is on a distinguished road
hope this helps

As far the horns, your probably right, you need new ones, if you can't find any other problems. The horns are probably blown.

Second with the fluid pump, check to see if you can here the pump working, if you do, then pump is fine and your hoses leading to the squirters are clogged.
If all else is clear and the no pump noise, then you most likely need a new pump.

The last two, i couldn't help you, but for everything, i would find a reputable technician and have them take a look. As far as the locks and flashers go, it might be a cheap part however just labor intensive. But any mechanic would give you a quote that you can approve before they do the work.

-addtothehustle
www.ineedaradiator.com
#3 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 11:21 PM
5th Gear Member

darkhorse737 is on a distinguished road
Talking

What you gripin' about???...

darn* sounds pretty minor to me! horns are easy... dangling wires should give you the clue. as in, test for voltage from the dangling wires when a buddy presses the horn button. voltage, yes, then the horns went bad, voltage no, then retrace your lines to the horn switch. ditto the washer...

emergency flashers do not work.. how about the left and right turn signals? yes?... then, your prob is the hazard/emergency switch... if no, then the prob is in most cases a faulty relay.

inner fender liners... REPLACE them, they're available :-)

what else dsnt work... ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)