BMW Werkz banner

Winter Tires In Canada

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  JamesSpot 
#1 ·
Hello all!
So winter is at our doorsteps, and I need winter tires.
My ride is:
2004 320i with sports and premium package.
This means that I currently have 16" V Spoke Alloy Wheels - Style 136.
Here are the options I see.

Option 1:
Get new wheels and tires

Option 2:
Install winter tires on my current wheels

The car is a 3 year location (this is my first winter) so I dont really care about having the wheels affected by the salt/shit winter throws at us. My priorities are obviously money and safety.

Anyone has any suggestions on what I should do? Are there other options I should look into? Should I get the tires at the BMW dealership or am I going to pay lot's of money for nothing? What brand of winter tires should I look into?

All suggestions are welcomed!
Thanks!

See less See more
#4 ·
Hi,

Check Bridgestone Blizzak, it works...

Ali.

Originally posted by harpax@Nov 6 2004, 12:11 AM
Hello all!
So winter is at our doorsteps, and I need winter tires.
My ride is:
2004 320i with sports and premium package.
This means that I currently have 16" V Spoke Alloy Wheels - Style 136.
Here are the options I see.

Option 1:
Get new wheels and tires

Option 2:
Install winter tires on my current wheels

The car is a 3 year location (this is my first winter) so I dont really care about having the wheels affected by the salt/shit winter throws at us. My priorities are obviously money and safety.

Anyone has any suggestions on what I should do? Are there other options I should look into? Should I get the tires at the BMW dealership or am I going to pay lot's of money for nothing? What brand of winter tires should I look into?

All suggestions are welcomed!
Thanks!
[snapback]225327[/snapback]​

#6 ·
Get BMW takeoff rims on ebay from one of those Southern Californians/Floridians who is dumping their stock tires to get the widest summer tires that will fit, buy tires at Tirerack, and have them mounted and balanced at a local shop. They have a great deal on Michelin Alpine PA2's - $125 a piece in the 17x7 inch size. You can run them all day at 3 digit speeds and still plow through any snow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.