BMW Werkz banner

Windshield Wiper Fluid Reservoir

9K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  kerryf 
#1 ·
I topped of my wiper fluid reservoir before leaving for work yesterday, and all seemed fine when I shut the car off. I come out at the end of the day to start my car up and the wiper fluid low warning light is illuminated. So I thought, this is curious...pop the hood and sure enough she's down to about 25%. And the cap was secure. I have no idea where to start with this one...I'm afraid to take it to the dealer for fear it's a $1,000 job. I'm thinking, a roll of paper towels and a bottle of windex isn't so bad. :D

Let me know if anyone out there has any thoughts on this one.

thanks,
FrankieMyOne

#2 ·
sometimes the reservoir itself can develope a leak, also sometimes the pump's internal seals leak. If it stays full to 25% its more likely a leaking pump. Look around the pump for residue or signs of leaking. Pump or reservoir are very easy to replace yourself and save some $$$.

DT

#5 ·
leaking washer fluid

I have the same problem on my 2001 325xi. I ordered a new left side spray head for about $40 from the dealer. I pulled to washer head out and found a spray nozzle missing. I'm assuming the missing nozzle in the spray head is actually causing the leak and not the assembly behind the spray head.

#7 ·
Can anyone point me to a website that can show me how to investigate taking the headlight apart to get to this hose? I'm thinking about just clamping it shut. If I told you the dealer estimate to fix this you'd laugh :lol: ...They wanted to replace the entire system, to the windshield and both headlights. :eek:

#8 ·
rms said:
I have the same problem on my 2001 325xi. I ordered a new left side spray head for about $40 from the dealer. I pulled to washer head out and found a spray nozzle missing. I'm assuming the missing nozzle in the spray head is actually causing the leak and not the assembly behind the spray head.
How do I just pull the washer head out to see if the nozzle is missing?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.