BMW Werkz banner

Wheel and tire size

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  blackbmw330 
#1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone know if I can fit 18x8.5 wheel in the front and rear for 2001 330ci?

Also can I fit 245/40-18 size tires for front and rear? If not what would be the best?

Thanks!

#4 ·
distance between the center of the wheel (measured across the width of the wheel)and the hub (or where the wheel contacts the hub).

correct offset is critical, because if not properly centered the bearings will wear out in no time. i see this so commonly, especially on slammed ricemobiles. wheels absurdly sticking out...

weight of the car should be distributed almost at the center of the bearing. if the wheel is too wide, the weight moves to the outer edge of the bearing.

factory bmw alloys are guarateed to have correct offset. aftermarket : you need to trust the company you are buying from. tire rack is reputable, but i cannot really advise you on specific wheels as i do not know the offset for your car. i can try to remember and tell you how to measure offset on a dismouted wheel if you want.

peter

#6 ·
Originally posted by GOODHUE330CI@Dec 7 2003, 03:32 PM
I HAVE A 2001 330CI AND I HAVE 8.5X17' IN FRONT AND 9.5X17" IN REAR AND 245-50-17 M-PILOTS ALL THE WAY AROUND SO I WOULD HAVE TO SAY YES
:screwy usin caps lock enough? jp :help .....but yes those tires will def. fit on a e46. you could put 19's on ur e46 if u wanted :thumbs

#7 ·
Originally posted by peterkulesza@Dec 7 2003, 04:06 AM
distance between the center of the wheel (measured across the width of the wheel)and the hub (or where the wheel contacts the hub).

correct offset is critical, because if not properly centered the bearings will wear out in no time. i see this so commonly, especially on slammed ricemobiles. wheels absurdly sticking out...

weight of the car should be distributed almost at the center of the bearing. if the wheel is too wide, the weight moves to the outer edge of the bearing.

factory bmw alloys are guarateed to have correct offset. aftermarket : you need to trust the company you are buying from. tire rack is reputable, but i cannot really advise you on specific wheels as i do not know the offset for your car. i can try to remember and tell you how to measure offset on a dismouted wheel if you want.

peter
Thanks for the explanation.
Is 40mm offset correct with 18in wheels correct for the 330ci? I seem ebay selling some 18in wheels with 40mm offset and they it said it should fit the 330ci. Does anybody know?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.