What voids CPO warranty? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 01:13 PM
Neutral Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Satori325XI is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Satori325XI
(Thread Starter)
What voids CPO warranty?

Havent had my 2001 325XI for long. It is still under CPO though. I am wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what would void CPO?

Suspension work? Exhaust work? Brake work? Stereo work? Do any driving habits affect it?

Being the avid computer junky I am, I was looking at ways to install a computer inside the console to watch wireless clouds, play music, monitor engine, etc.. Would adding devices which pull current from the alternator or battery affect CPO? I'm not worried about the technical aspects of installation, only where it relates to my warranty.

Thanks for your time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-08-2005, 02:47 PM
3rd Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
peterkulesza is an unknown quantity at this point
this cpo is really dependent on the will of the dealer. according to the law, you can modify whatever you want. the warranty is voided only if it can be proven that your modification caused the damage you are claiming should be covered by warranty.

so:

1. you modified the engine computer, and you are claiming that the car is rusted to shit. it is likely that bmw will accept your claim.

2. you modified the engine computer and the engine blew up. you discovered that it was the main bearing retainers that were at fault, and you can show that engine was never over-reved, and never overheated. so in truth, you are right.

hahahah: good luck winning case2. bmw will say: you caused, sue us. sueing will cost you about 5 times the cost of a new engine, with no guarantees that you win.

so really, you are on your own.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)