What I need to Lower my 325XI?? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 10:26 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
snakeman56 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
What I need to Lower my 325XI??

I live in the Aurora/Denver area and want to lower my car since I put some nice rims on it. Anybody knows where I can co do get it done and what is needed as far as parts to lower it. Thanks for your responses in advance.

Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 10:54 AM
1st Gear Member

Hootie is on a distinguished road
New springs and shocks. Take some measurements though... if you lower the car and increase the wheel size, you run the risk of having rubbing fenders.

Honestly, if you're half-way handy with some tools and jack stands, the Bentley manuals give a nice procedure for DIY. Looks like a weekend job per axle if you're a mild newbie.
#3 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 11:32 AM
n00b

ARSAMC is on a distinguished road
HEY FYI:
Just be really careful when lowering...we have a 2002 3325XI and right after we lowered it (max for the all wheel drive is 1.5 inch in the front and 1 inch in the back eh) out Right Stabilizer link broke after about a week of driving..bought a new link form BMW ($100) and then 2 days after it broke again...went to the dealer we bought the car from and nobody (idiots if u ask me!) could figure out why the link broke...they suggested we put in both new front links (another $250)....then the NEXT day it broke again....on the same right side....Finally we took the car to a good European shop in and after me educating myself some more....we now realized ($400 later) that because the care is lowered the original stabilizer link was actually now too long....so this guy suggested to install 325i links instead because the 325i actually sits lower than the 325xi...and low and behold....i've been driving the car for a few days and NO problems so far!
Those links can't be messed with----because if it brakes and you leave it in, it can get caught in the brake line and could snap ur brake line while driving. If it brakes...you would here a small tok-tok-tok as you turn corners.
So point of my story---- you have to change your stabilizer links along with lowering the car...I suggest you take it to a shop that only specializes in European cars.
And try to use only Eibach springs..they're supposedly one of the best.
Hope my info helps
Take Care.
#4 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 01:11 PM
1st Gear Member

BMWERKEN is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BMWERKEN
You can lower it one of three ways- springs, springs/shocks or coilovers. I recommend you go with a spring and shock combo as if you just go with springs you will have to replace your shocks eventually, making you pay double labor charges. Our most popular option is the H&R Cupkit followed by the Koni FSD/Eibach Pro Kit combo. The cupkit will ride a bit harsher and lower the car a bit more than the FSD/ProKit combo but eliminate almost all body roll and pitch under cornering. The FSD kit is nice because it has a dual valve shock that stiffens under cornering and is more compliant under normal driving situations. Here are the product pages for more information, please do not hesitate to give us a call or shoot us an email with any questions.

H&R Cupkit

Koni FSD/Eibach Pro Kit Combo

Call Toll Free: 1.888.JLEVISW
PREDATOR ICE OEM ANGEL EYE UPGRADE | PREDATOR CHROMIUM ANGEL EYES | LED TURN SIGNALS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)