What is a great deal for a 2004 330XI? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-28-2004, 10:02 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
MY 330XI is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Hi everyone

First of all, I am honored to be part of this great website!

I am looking for a new 2004 BMW 330XI with the following options.

330XI: $36,950
Orient Blue $475
Cold Weather Package $1,000
Premium Package $3,300
Automatic Transmission: $1,275
Xenon headlights: $700
Destination charge: $695
Homelink transmitter : $178
6-CD player and changer: $595
Front and Rear all-season floor mats: $98

including title, registration, and NY tax, the dealer is giving me an out the door price of $45,200. Is this a great deal?

I greatly appreciate your feedbacks.

Best Regards,

Donald

<span style='color:blue'>Shopping for a 2004 BMW 330XI</span>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-28-2004, 11:39 AM
2nd Gear Member

Gulelin is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I bought my 330xi in Jan of this year, and i had:

Premium package
Sport Package
Cold weather package
Xenons
Tit silver metallic

I don't remember the exact break down on the prices for the options, but the total MSRP was 43,900 or so. I was offered 42,500 with floor mats thrown in , but I think I could have done better. I didn't include tax and title in that since it's probably different from your state.

Titsilver metallic 2004 330 Xi 6speed manual
#3 (permalink) Old 05-28-2004, 12:13 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by Gulelin@May 28 2004, 11:19 AM

Premium package
Sport Package
Cold weather package
Xenons
Tit silver metallic

I don't remember the exact break down on the prices for the options, but the total MSRP was 43,900 or so. I was offered 42,500 with floor mats thrown in , but I think I could have done better. I didn't include tax and title in that since it's probably different from your state.

Hi there

Thank you for your feedback.
I greatly appreciate it.

Right now, I have an out-the-door price of $44,650. I am hoping to get it down to $44,000.

Enjoying your Bimmer?

Best Regards,

Donald

#4 (permalink) Old 05-30-2004, 11:15 PM
n00b

Angioguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Two days ago, I picked up a 2004 330xi black sapphire metallic, with sand leather interior; 6 speed manual transmission; premium, cold weather and sport packages; xenon, navigation, park distance control, 6 disc changer-- sticker is $46470, and I got away with about $42,600. Big factors to consider-- are you buying or leasing, sales tax, etc.

I would suggest getting prices from several dealers. Also, check out websites like Edmunds.com for invoice, true market value, etc. Work the numbers. Once the dealers recognize that you've done your homework, they'll bid for your business.

BTW, this is one fine piece of steel-- I couldn't have made a better choice. Best of luck!
#5 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 02:15 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by Angioguy@May 30 2004, 10:55 PM
Two days ago, I picked up a 2004 330xi black sapphire metallic, with sand leather interior; 6 speed manual transmission; premium, cold weather and sport packages; xenon, navigation, park distance control, 6 disc changer-- sticker is $46470, and I got away with about $42,600. Big factors to consider-- are you buying or leasing, sales tax, etc.

I would suggest getting prices from several dealers. Also, check out websites like Edmunds.com for invoice, true market value, etc. Work the numbers. Once the dealers recognize that you've done your homework, they'll bid for your business.

BTW, this is one fine piece of steel-- I couldn't have made a better choice. Best of luck!

Hi there

Congrats on purchasing the 330XI

Does your price, $42,600 include tax?

I plan to pay in cash (no trade-in vehicles) and the sales tax in NY is 8.25%
I got an out-the-door price of $44,000 so far.

Do you think this is a great deal?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Donald

#6 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 08:42 AM
n00b

Don,

It took me about 30 seconds to determine that you're not getting any great deal-- and I'm no rocket scientist.

Go to www.bmwusa.com and "build" your 330xi with all the options you listed above. Without tax, I get a total of $45247. Looks like he's overcharging you on floor mats and probably a few other things. And no, that number is NOT inclusive of tax. He's also not telling you that the CD changer for $595 is uninstalled-- it's gonna cost you another $200 or so installed. If you live in any of the 5 boroughs, you're 8.25% becomes 8.625%, which could be a lot of cake on a $46,000 car. So your savings is really something LESS than $1247, not including tax $44,000 in cash.

Bottom line is your "out-the-door price" is his sale of the century. See for yourself. Take two minutes and work the numbers. Go to Edmunds.com. You'll see. Then tell him what he's gotta do to "put you in this car today"!

Don, if you can't show him you know what you're talking about, he'll take full advantage of you-- I can't make it plainer than that.
#7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 11:14 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by Angioguy@May 31 2004, 08:22 AM
Don,

It took me about 30 seconds to determine that you're not getting any great deal-- and I'm no rocket scientist.

Go to www.bmwusa.com and "build" your 330xi with all the options you listed above. Without tax, I get a total of $45247. Looks like he's overcharging you on floor mats and probably a few other things. And no, that number is NOT inclusive of tax. He's also not telling you that the CD changer for $595 is uninstalled-- it's gonna cost you another $200 or so installed. If you live in any of the 5 boroughs, you're 8.25% becomes 8.625%, which could be a lot of cake on a $46,000 car. So your savings is really something LESS than $1247, not including tax $44,000 in cash.

Bottom line is your "out-the-door price" is his sale of the century. See for yourself. Take two minutes and work the numbers. Go to Edmunds.com. You'll see. Then tell him what he's gotta do to "put you in this car today"!

Don, if you can't show him you know what you're talking about, he'll take full advantage of you-- I can't make it plainer than that.

Hi there

I greatly appreciate it.

I am sorry, I meant to say 8.625%. My bad.

Also, the $44,000 includes tax, registration, and title. It includes EVERYTHING.
This is why I was wondering if I should seal the deal.

I should have clarified myself.

Thank you and I hope to hear from you again.

Best Regards,

Donald

#8 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 11:55 AM
n00b

Don,

Once again, the only sure way to know if you're getting a good deal is by shopping around. Call other dealerships in the city, but also in suburban NY, NJ and CT and get price quotes over the phone. Assuming you've determined what invoice is on the car with all your options, tax, reg, motor vehicle, destination, etc, you'll have a very good idea of what exactly is a "great deal." I can't tell you that, and there's no easy way around it. You've gotta make the final decision, and the best way to do itis by being educated. If you don't want to do the work-- and just want to buy the car, then go for it....

Assuming everything is included as you say, get that in writing when you sign for the car.

In the end, it doesn't really matter anyway: No matter how good a deal you feel you're getting at the time, somehow, you always feel a little cheated when you leave the dealership. But the tradeoff is the experience of a lifetime-- you're driving in the "fastest snowplow on earth"

One thing more fun than talking about a BMW is driving one!

Angioguy
#9 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 01:34 PM
2nd Gear Member

Gulelin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by MY 330XI+May 28 2004, 11:53 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MY 330XI @ May 28 2004, 11:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gulelin@May 28 2004, 11:19 AM

Premium package
Sport Package
Cold weather package
Xenons
Tit silver metallic

Hi there

I greatly appreciate it.

Right now, I have an out-the-door price of $44,650. I am hoping to get it down to $44,000.

Enjoying your Bimmer?

Best Regards,

Donald [/b][/quote]
It's an amazing car. I also bought a pair of summer tires/wheels, I can't remember exactly what I paid for the wheels but I LOVE them on the car. Got the M 68 doublespoke wheels and the continental sport contacts. This is the setup that would come with a 330i sport package. The car looks and handles awesome with those wheels!

Titsilver metallic 2004 330 Xi 6speed manual
#10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 03:01 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by Angioguy@May 31 2004, 11:35 AM
Don,

Once again, the only sure way to know if you're getting a good deal is by shopping around. Call other dealerships in the city, but also in suburban NY, NJ and CT and get price quotes over the phone. Assuming you've determined what invoice is on the car with all your options, tax, reg, motor vehicle, destination, etc, you'll have a very good idea of what exactly is a "great deal." I can't tell you that, and there's no easy way around it. You've gotta make the final decision, and the best way to do itis by being educated. If you don't want to do the work-- and just want to buy the car, then go for it....

Assuming everything is included as you say, get that in writing when you sign for the car.

In the end, it doesn't really matter anyway: No matter how good a deal you feel you're getting at the time, somehow, you always feel a little cheated when you leave the dealership. But the tradeoff is the experience of a lifetime-- you're driving in the "fastest snowplow on earth"

One thing more fun than talking about a BMW is driving one!

Angioguy
Again, thanks a lot for your feedback!

Congrats on your purchase and enjoy every second of it.

I also hope to become part of the BMW family!

Best Regards,

Donald

#11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 03:03 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by Gulelin+May 31 2004, 01:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gulelin @ May 31 2004, 01:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by MY 330XI@May 28 2004, 11:53 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Gulelin
Quote:
@May 28 2004, 11:19 AM

Premium package
Sport Package
Cold weather package
Xenons
Tit silver metallic

Hi there

I greatly appreciate it.

Enjoying your Bimmer?

Best Regards,

Donald
It's an amazing car. I also bought a pair of summer tires/wheels, I can't remember exactly what I paid for the wheels but I LOVE them on the car. Got the M 68 doublespoke wheels and the continental sport contacts. This is the setup that would come with a 330i sport package. The car looks and handles awesome with those wheels! [/b][/quote]

Hi there

The Sports Package is a great package for those who want a little sportier and faster car.

Enjoy every second of it!

Best Regards,

Donald

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)