what cdv to buy? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2009, 10:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car: 03 Bmw 325i
Photos:
fasaavedra4 is on a distinguished road
what cdv to buy?

Hi everyone,

I was wondering what cdv ( clutch delay valve ) to buy? If the one from bavarianauto or the one zeckhausen ?

I had installed the one from bavarianauto on my 325I, and I really don't see the difference while shifting....still having that bump and long push to get a good shift.

Have anyone had the cdv from zeckhausen installed? Let me know the esperience with it.

Thanks
fasaavedra4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2009, 12:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
4th Gear Member

Car: 2004 ZHP 6SPD
Photos:
bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to bimmerguy82
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasaavedra4 View Post
Hi everyone,

I was wondering what cdv ( clutch delay valve ) to buy? If the one from bavarianauto or the one zeckhausen ?

I had installed the one from bavarianauto on my 325I, and I really don't see the difference while shifting....still having that bump and long push to get a good shift.

Have anyone had the cdv from zeckhausen installed? Let me know the esperience with it.

Thanks
I bought mine from Zekhausen for my 330Ci Zhp, and it was a night and day difference. Shifts like butter now from 1st to 2nd.

|AA stage 1 software| UUC light flywheel and clutch| UUC EVO 3 ssk | K&N Intake | Ebay Headers |

BMWCCA member#407674

Founding member of the hit 145 mph in my almost stock 325i BMW club.
bimmerguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
drz
Administrator

Car: zhp
Photos:
drz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
The one from Zekhausen is a CDV removal kit. It is basically just the outside shell of the OEM CDV with the delay mechanism removed. I just checked and bavauto seems to offer teh same thing, but I am not sure whether that is what you bought, or if you ended up just replacing your OEM CDV with the same thing.

My car had the CDV delete installed when I bouught it, but I can tell you that the shifting dynamics are very different compared to my E36 328i, which still has the CDV.

I really don't know what you mean by "bump and long push."

My real beef with the CDV is that when shifting from 1st to second, I would get an awful jerking often times. That is absolutely gone on my car with the CDV delete.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Photos:
Hey, when i said bump and long push i refer to :
if clutch gets off quickly the car is like it hit itself and i hear a noise coming from the rear, off course i assume this is because clutch should remain more time pushed and the long push refers to the clutch takes much more time than a regular carto shift smoth...

Now, i bought from bavauto.com , the Unlock valve, i guess it os the same item offered by Zeckhausen, but as i said the car shifts as before, shifting from 1st gear to 2nd still being not easy.

So, what do you think?? Should i try the Zeckhausen unlock valve??
Old 07-11-2009, 06:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
drz
Administrator

Photos:
drz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond repute
They're the same thing, so getting one over the other wouldn't make a difference.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Photos:
well, that is why i was trying to hear experiences of those who replaced the CDV with the unlocl valv from both Bavauto and Zeckhausen, perhaps one of them is better and really makes easier shifting.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
drz
Administrator

Photos:
The CDV delete is not designed to make shifting easier. In fact, the CDV comes with the car from the factory to keep n00bs who don't know how to shift from wearing out their clutch. The delete is for those who don't want to be babysat and who know how how to time their shifts properly. For people who just want to drop the clutch during shifts and don't make any effort to match revs, the CDV may end up giving worse results.

I know AlpineSix&Seven has the CDV delete on his M3. Perhaps he got it from bavauto. His experience has been the same as bimmerguy82's and mine -- good.

Good luck.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
W00T

Car: 1991 E30 318i 2008 E92 328i
Photos:
Numark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Numark318i
how are you shifting?

a long time to shift? are the revs not dropping fast enough for you? are you just dropping the clutch between shifts? maybe a little more slippage is in store?
Old 07-13-2009, 02:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

Car: 1976 Benz 300D, 1999 740iL
Photos:
AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to beholdAlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
I Didn't buy eather on just pulled it out to be hoest I think tose things are a waste... just pull it out and connect the line to the slave cylinder directly... a bump and push... sounds like your letting your cutch out to fast for the amout of gas your giving it... I'm just guessing as bump and push to me is the car jerks forward for a second then begins to pull smoothly
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious
AlpineSixAndSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)