BMW Werkz banner

Weighted Whell Alignment on 325 CIC sport

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Mike55 
#1 ·
Hi All

First time BMW owner. I just bought a 2001325 ci convertible sport. I took it to the dealer for wheel alignment because it had never been done. The dealer advised that the left rear wheel could not be put into specs and is off by 1 degree. I will apologise to all of you about the multiple questions I have but remember I am a NOVICE.

I didn't get a good feeling about the dealer and when I got home decided to check tire pressure and found that all were off by a long shot (38 and 32 on the same axle). I know that the car had never been in an accident and have trouble believing the frame is bent.

I have a multi part question
A. will tire pressure affect wheel alignment by this much.
B. I understand that BMW recommends a weighted wheel alignment process. I've been told that most don't however. Is this really necessary?
C. Does anyone have the wheel alignment specs for a 2001 325 CI Convertible with a SPORTS package. When I talked to a wheel aligment place locally the specs he had did NOT match those I found on the spec sheet from the dealer.
D. I found that the steering wheel after the aligmnent is not at 180 degrees. It pitches to the right by about 15 degrees. Is this an easty adjustment?

Your help would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to get this car to behave like a new one. I think it does but have no reference not having driven a car like this before.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.