Warrenty - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 07:55 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Croatsens is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up

Hi all,

I am looking to get a 01-02 330i soon. I was thinking that I definetly wanted the Preowned warrenty they offer, but after looking at their pamphlet Im not so sure. I am pretty familiar with the I6 engine, worked on it a number of times. So my question to you is the extended warrenty worth it. There are much better deals on cars that dont come from the dealer. Also does the extended warrenty cover electrical problems/diagnostics? It looks like only major engine/transmission/suspension malfucntions are covered. And to my knowledge BMW's usually last longer than 100,000 miles before any major problems. Thanks for the info,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 02:09 PM
1st Gear Member

2001BMW325xi is an unknown quantity at this point
As for the first part the extended CPO warranty for certified pre-owned vehicles does cover everything that the original warranty covered and that includes electrical stuff. What it does not include is brakes, oil change etc etc.

Second if youre gonna buy a 01-02 it will probably have like at least 6 mo to a year of the original warranty left on it (4 years 50,000 miles). I would say instead of paying 4K$ more to the dealer for a Cert CPO....just take it cheaper from a non-BMW dealer or some other place....make sure it has less than 45,000 miles on it.....drive it HARD AND I MEAN HARD till you have about 1 month and 1000 miles left on the original warranty and youll know if your car is good for the money or not. If it breaks down regularly then you can search for a good deal on a couple of companies that offer extended warranties on Beemers -- here are two places i wud recommend
http://www.1sourceautowarranty.com/d...p?Referrer=214
http://www.warrantydirect.com/index....=carbuyingtips

Youll be much better off.
Now regarding BMWs not breaking down until 100,000 miles.....its bullshiat. They are cars and however reliable they can break down. Besides its not the engine that breaks down but the zillion other minor things like power windows, A/C, OBC, etc etc. So yeah a warranty is helpful but shop around and youll get a better deal.

Ciao and gd luk
#3 (permalink) Old 09-03-2004, 11:27 AM
n00b

jahwobble is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought my 2002 325Ci with the pre-owned warranty and it DOES cover EVERYTHING in the maintenance program: windshield wipers, brake pads and rotors etc. You can check it out by going to the BMW USA site here:

http://www.bmwusa.com/NR/rdonlyres/1033633...8D6CF/0/CPO.pdf

I totally dig it. I just bring it in, actually get a free loaner from my home dealership, drive away, and when the bill comes, it totals out to $0.00! They even treat me like I own a 7-Series!
Later,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)