Warranty Almost Up? What Should I Do?? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 09:53 AM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
jiggs is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Hi all,

My 80,000 km bumper to bumper warranty is almost up in the next couple of days (79,700 km at the moment). Do you guys know if there are any programs in place by BMW dealerships where i can get an inspection for free or something so that if anything is wrong now it can be fixed for free before the warranty expires? If not what do you guys recommend i do?

jiggs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 11:16 AM
1st Gear Member

2001BMW325xi is an unknown quantity at this point
Could you provide more details of your warranty now? I mean if its still under warranty is it BMW certified warranty or a third party one? If its BMW warranty you should be able to go in today and get the car inspected for any problems and get those things swapped under coverage. I think so at least. Also doesnt necessarily mean that somethings gonna be wrong and they wont replace any part that not absolutely kaput just cause yu think its old and gonna break sometime soon. Unless it breks they dont wanna gonna fix it..... ghead . Anyways your best bet is to either buy an extended warranty either fom BMW or a third party as quick as possible.

Your other option: its already run 80000 miles......I mean the engine is good and its not gonna die on you now till at least 150K (even more mebbe), most of the wear and tear parts are already changed or anyways are not covered by any warranty, take good care of the car, find a good local mechanic and stop going to the dealership, keep 1-2K aside (what you would pay for an extended warranty anyways)....for repairs over the next 3-4 years.....and if youre lucky you may save those and if youre not...hey you have those 2K set aside right?

hope this rant helps.....and dont forget to keep the bimmer on the road....and off the shop floor.
#3 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 11:19 AM
3rd Gear Member

peterkulesza is an unknown quantity at this point
sell the car. e90.

it is always tempting to keep longer, but imho not worth the even minimal trouble, or the money for warranty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)