BMW Werkz banner

Tyre Pressure

8K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  KingScare 
#1 ·
Can anyboody help

I have a 325i sports with standard MV 18" alloys. The rear tyre are 255, and the front 225. Every time i fill up the tyres they do not seem to look right. can anybody tell me what the correct tyre pressure should be? my Manual says about 50..but this seems to much .

any ideas?

#2 ·
Get up in the morning, when the temperature and tires are both cool. Check the tire pressure. Read the side walls on the tires, and fill/ deflate them to what the tire says. Make sure you do it when it is COOL. When the tires are hot, the pressure rises, and gives you a false reading. And remember it is always better to be a couple psi over, than 1psi short (unless your dragging/ racing or something).

edit: if they still wrong, you could have bad tires/ sidewalls etc. get them checked

#3 ·
Ah, that's a good tip about checking it in the morning....

I think that's probably why I fucked up the last tires...under inflation fucked up the outside of the tire.

I think for more tires they say 50 is the max, but that's for a car full of a fat chicks kinda thing. I would think 35 for the 2 front and 37-40 for the back would be fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.