BMW Werkz banner

Tire Question

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  peterkulesza 
#1 ·
Hello,

I have a question about tires for my 2003 BMW 325CI. I currently have Dunlop 225/45ZR17 tires that came factory on the car new. I am about ready to buy new ones and am a little unsure as to which to buy. The tires on it have 28,000 on them and the guy at the dealership said that was great to get that much out of them but I am starting to feel a little vibration in them and seeing the wear. I have been searching tirerack.com and other sites but am not sure what tire to buy for the style of driving I do. I mainly drive around town and never drive my car like a racecar but at the same time I dont want to loose the ability to do so every once in a while. A friend told me that I could drop down to an S rated tire and would never notice the difference and save some money. I was just wondering if anyone out there could give me some good advice on what to do. I am looking to put a good tire on my car and not spend a TON but at the same time I would rather spend the money rather than get a crap tire or lose the ability to anything. Thanks alot for the help.

#2 ·
imho: NEVER DROP TO S rated tire. the s indicates the maximum speed tyre can take, which has profound implications for the way it is made. therefore, an s tire will never handle properly (given the car you drive). i can elaborate....

i had good luck with bf goodrich kdws as a decent all season tire, and it is fairly inexpensive (tire rack).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.