Time for replacement model - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 11:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
Dathaeus is on a distinguished road
Time for replacement model

Sadly my E36 has problems where the repair bill will far outweigh the value. I love my 328i but I think its time for a replacement.

I have been shopping around basically for an E46 with a manual transmission, and preferably a sports package, or an M3 (which I know is probably more expensive and harder driven). I am not totally averted to a 5 series but not likely.

My current car's value will probably be about $2k, maybe less if deducted for the problems it may have. I want to keep my initial bill for a new purchase at 10k or lower.

I am just asking for some advice on the best way to approach this. My current knowledge/have dones:

- Checked out every online seller (eBay, autotrade, cars, kbb, etc.,etc...) and found some possibilities, but a lot of them are kinda far from me (like 60+ miles) and a lot of them dont have any return policy no matter what
- I would prefer a place with trade ins, make the whole thing easy
- I do not have a mechanic that will come with me to check out the car and cant afford to hire a stranger, let alone I may not even want the car I see with him
- Someone suggested getting a car broker to search for me?
- What models of E46 are the best? I know this 328i w/sports package has been a dream so far for over a decade... I do like speed, so I probably will never be getting a 325 convertible if you know what I mean
- Dont care if sedan or coupe, but still leaning towards sedan

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!
Front: 17" (225)
Rear: 17" (245)

Answerway.com
Dathaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2012, 02:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
alecdunlap is on a distinguished road
The Closer Has The Magic To Touch You

Never miss any excellent movies at cheap DVDs for sale! This time it comes with a new show The Closer Season 7 whose lead character is a charming woman. She solves these cases in some unique ways, starting to grow on you step by step in The Closer 7.
alecdunlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)